Airtel 5G Plus

If speed tests itself consume 1-2gb on an average, then the data cap needs to be a lot higher than the present 2gb or 3gb per day limit.

When 4G rolled out the tariff prices remained the same. I wonder how they will go about 5G tariffs this time around.

Source

On my mom's phone at Central Delhi. Not getting 5G on either mine (S22 Ultra) or my wife's phone (Pixel 7 Pro). Probably because they aren't purchased here so no airtel specific 5g update has been pushed to them.

I have OnePlus Nord (which has the capability) but don't get Airtel 5G reception at my home. I was able to experience it for a short while when we were out back about 2 weeks ago.
This result is from Bangalore and speeds stayed consistently above 500 Mbps as long as I was within the range of the tower, then it dropped back to 4g. There are only a few towers that are currently 5g enabled in Bangalore. It will take a lot longer for the rest of the city (especially places with low population density) to be covered.

Source

I'm also waiting for their Fixed 5g solution and especially one that can work along with our usual Broadband connection as active backup. Believe this is the most reliable way to have home networks that have no downtimes.

How's the battery holding up with speed tests and usage on 5G?
@Tejas01
I noticed a drain of around 5-6% after seven speedtests and two phone calls over 5g within 15-20 minutes. Think this is much higher than my usual in OnePlus Nord

Last edited:
6AAjg6j.jpg

Airtel SIM new cover (5G branded).
(BTW this is not my hand 😂)

Last edited:
Somehow I don't get 2g usage on 4g. Despite airtel sim enforcing 2g on all modes. I guess solution is to just enforce 4g/5g only mode using advance menu 🤷