Airtel 5G Plus - Unlimited 5G Data offer

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,370
Well...again, strreaming services will more likely default to the highest quality (compared to 4G)...so yeah its possible

So no luck for Annual plan subscribers like me (1799 plan)?
Seems Airtel wants to restrict Unlimited 5G to people paying over Rs 250 per month 😡
Although we have advance paid big amount to them for Annual plan.

@SVK Its pretty justified that airtel is restricting unlimited 5G data to subscribers with higher revenue per month.Even Jio is doing the same. Rolling out 5G has been very expensive to telcos so they obviously want to recover the cost.Unlimited 5G data is just an introductory offer. We already pay very less money for internet in India. How much free internet does one want?
No offense but your demand seems very unreasonable.

Then stop giving free data. It's all a gameplan wherein they will lure you with unlimited data, spoil you by making you watch trash content on insta, and once you are addicted to the net, jack up the prices m, so that you cannot do without it.

Reactions: SVK
What Jio did at launch? At that time airtel did not join in the race but it did this time. This free business has a lot of negative impact.

Data abundance(both wired and wireless) comes with both positive and negative impact just like anything revolutionary in the history of mankind. A simple example could be use of polyethene bags(plastic bags) which were given by vegetable vendors, supermarkets and grocery shops, convenient for end consumer(no need to carry cloth/jute bags) but harmful for the environment. Usage of plastic bags eventually stopped in the retail market to a great extent(atleast in tier-1 and tier-2 cities) when government imposed a ban.
The advantages with data abundance atleast for me are numerous. I don't have to worry about my data consumption when i am at home. Be it work or entertainment, everything can go non stop, thanks to 'unlimited' data on WiFi. Me and my family of 4 people consume around 1400-1500GB of data every month.We don't have a DTH connection, everything is streamed on OTT using WiFi. Who would have thought of consuming so much data before 2016(pre-jio) that too without burning a hole in your pocket.
Even when i am travelling i don't have to worry about my data consumption. I never ask for wifi password at the hotel. Mobile hotspot does the job. Airtel has decent connectivity across the nation. Hardly faced any problems related to mobile data. Out of the 190GB of data pool(postpaid family plan), me and my family consume around 100GB of mobile data every month, without worrying about daily data limit or consumption.
There are a few disadvantages like very high screen on time but i guess that doesn't bother me as my job requires me to sit in front of screen for 9-10 hours a day. As far as distractions are considered, i don't feel distracted at all. I get my work done everyday inspite of data in abundance.

At the end its a win-win situation for end consumers. Cherish this till it lasts.

@rajat_ I am on unlimited 1559-336 days plan for Jio. But they are giving Unlimited 5G.
From last few days I am on Jio mobile data, and phone is mostly connected to 5G when I am outside. I have seen that my Jio data balance is intact and not reduced at all.
I wished Airtel too allowed Unlimited 5G, but anyways its their choice. No loss for customers like me who has other alternatives 🙂

Yup same ,i m on Jio 395 Plan - Unlimited 5g. Battery consumption has increased though due to low indoor coverage. Indoors i am getting 100-150 Mbps ,While outdoors i reach 650 Mbps+.

Airtel has the edge here ,whether its indoor /outdoor consistent speeds of 250Mbps+.

So yesterday I recharged 239 plan. Claimed Unlimited 5G Offer. Went near tower and did speed test, Airtel deducted my pack data (from 1.5GB). I thought this might be some mistake so I speed tested again. Then again Airtel deducted my pack data. After few speed test My data went to 0. I thought maybe after pack data consumed I'll get to use unlimited 5G. Nope. I can't even open Google now. So my question is, is Airtel really giving Free Unlimited 5G Data?