Airtel 5G Plus - Unlimited 5G Data offer

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,379
300 gb fup reasonable limit for wireless internet

Is there a similar FUP for Jio? I have been using it throughout the start of this month ever since Airtel is down. Consumed about 400GB now.

What BS is this? I have over 300GB with rolled over data and why can't I use the legitimately earned data for which I already paid.

@Satya97 Airtel had queue system. I used to recharge few days ago before expiration of the current pack to get free 10GB data free extra data. Not sure if it's still available. I am also on 1799 plan.

Just contacted airtel cc. They informed me for at least postpaid, there is NO limit for the unlimited 5G plan. For prepaid, they told their systems will check some stuff if usage is above 300 GB and if their system doesn't flags it, then its alright...else airtel will inform the customer about additional charges (if any) and buffer 5G data will be given (so that the customer is not suddenly charged)

Claimed this offer on my iPhone 12 with airtel postpaid.

I am mostly on WiFi so i really don't need unlimited 5G data. I use about 2-3GB(5G) of mobile data everyday when i am out, mostly music streaming and podcasts. Earlier it used to hover around 1.5-2 GB(4G) of data with similar usage. So yeah, data consumption has also increased.
Battery consumption has definitely increased since 5G. Earlier my phone used to last for a whole day with similar usage now i have to top it up in the night with similar SOT(4-5 hrs). Using a single 5G sim.
iPhones only switch to 5G network when some application or background task is using bandwidth. It switches to 4G when phone is idle or while calling.

Data consumption might increase with 5G, as streaming services may stream at higher quality when speed is good.

I tried to claim unlimited 5G with iPhone 12 Mini. Now it says I need to recharge with Rs 279 or higher plan, as my 1799 plan is not supported 😀
Even if I want to recharge, App is asking me to confirm whether I switch from 1799 to 279. With Switch I would lose validity as per message.