Airtel 4G to cost Rs. 51 per GB for one year on a one time payment of Rs. 1498

• Thread starter Thread starter salaxzar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 11,886
So actual cost (if speed is 10 mbps) would be around Rs. 1500 fixed amount - plus Rs 50 x 80000 which works out to around Rs. 40 Lakhs for 80 terabytes which works out to around Rs. 50 per GB.

thanks for pointing out that i have already saved more than 50,000 bucks on my jio connection. feels good.

Last edited:
haha so you are in the JIO terabyte club...

Making hay while the Sun shines - as they say 😀

Its more of a way to lock customer for one year to not bulge when jio launches tariff plans and no portability.

Bharti shareholders are not happy with price cuts. 😀
The stock is down 3%

now airtel made some tweaks in the plan to save the effort of recharging again and again atleast in mumbai

*Benefit:Instant 1GB 3G/4G 28d.Now get 1GB 3G/4G 28d@just Rs 54 and 5GB 3G/4G 28d@ Rs 252 for 1 year for 1499 valid for 12 months

These idiots could have brought these plans earlier also as they were feasible but they were money sukers at that time. Now even if JIO prices plans equivalent to AVoId, I wouldn't bother to go with these cheaters.

Jio price has to compete with Bsnl........ IMO it will be around 40 per Gb..... depends on the number of Gbs in the plan.
Others are still at >200 per Gb, they will find out after all their customers are gone.

I think JIO made people data hungry. I would say initial plans could be like 150 Rs 1GB for 1month as there are some users who would never cross these line and offering them 40 Rs per GB would be foolish but as the trend goes upward they should provide plans with very low Ruppee per GB costing as they will be the one who will be increasing the ARPU of JIO but providing Unlimited plans even after commercial launch would be a huge dent to them as their are some user who will never understand and would be congesting the network for no reason.

My usage does not touch even 1.5Gb ...... I thought itI was low, then I saw Ouch uses less than 1Gb, so at least I have some company 🙂