Airtel 4G prices slashed by 35-50%

I hope they slash it too for home 4G (home wifi CPE device), currently I'm on their Rs 2k plan for 30 GB per month and get around 20-40 mbps speeds most of the time.

funny thing is, i can't find this reduced tariff on airtel's website. or when i try to recharge? Is it possible it doesn't apply in Mumbai?

Try calling their customer care? I think I will call them now...

pls do. I don't want to switch SIMs for this.

Nothing here.

GfzfrAO.png

the screenshot looks to be from my airtel app. can you check. I can't find it in Mumbai.

Called the CC and they said this is only for few circles like Chennai where 10 GB cost is 1.5 k but not for Pune where for example already 10 GB is only Rs. 999. Note I am talking about "data card/home wifi CPE" plans not mobile.

I guess Airtel will respond only in those areas where there is competition with Reliance and others, and not bother in smaller areas where there is less competition. Same situation we see with landline broadband with ACT etc in Bangalore/Hyderabad where BSNL/MTNL respond with better plans but don't bother in places like Pune where there is hardly any competition.

But still I'm hoping in general 4G speeds and data caps will be maintained or improved while reducing the pricing in places like Pune in the near future 🙂

I hope they slash it too for home 4G (home wifi CPE device), currently I'm on their Rs 2k plan for 30 GB per month and get around 20-40 mbps speeds most of the time.
How much max download and upload speed do you get?
How much average upload speed do you get?
How is latency? SG Server : 203.117.155.202 ping please

How much max download and upload speed do you get?
How much average upload speed do you get?
How is latency? SG Server : 203.117.155.202 ping please

Max download I get around 35-40mbps (usually on torrents) though mostly it is between 20-30 mbps for normal downloads.

Uploads I haven't paid attention much but I believe it is max around 4-5 mbps only for me, average probably around 3-4 mbps.

Ping to SG server 203.117.155.202 is around 100ms average FYI.