Airtel 4G not working

ISP
Airtel
Just got a recharge done of 1gb 4G ,but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting 5-6 mbps in speed which isn't exactly 4g speeds(more than 3g though) but the signal still shows H on the status bar on the top of the phone. Is it some issue because my phone doesn't support the band ? I'm on Moto X 2nd gen.(Im from Kolkata)

Force the phone on 4G from the *#*#4636#*#* menu. I am not sure if X2 has support for Airtel bands.

I raised a service request from the my airtel app and was surprised to see a reply from them within an hour, it showed that my phone doesn't support TD LTE, but only FD LTE(was sent a whole list of phones by them stating the band that various 4G compatible phones support) but they didn't reply to my 2nd request when i asked them if they did have FD LTE here.Also, what should I do after *#*#4636#*#* to force the phone on 4G?

first option has a dropdown that lets you force the phone to run on one of the many available options.

9QsRoEc.png

Ah thanks, did that and mobile network disappeared, does that mean that I dont have any airtel 4G network in my area or that my phone does't support the band airtel uses?

Guess it's the latter.Seems I may have to wait until next year to get FD-LTE since I just read up that Airtel has only TD-LTE in India presently which uses the 2300mhz frequency.Nevertheless, a 4G recharge costs almost the same as a 3G one but the speed Im getting is 5-6mbps,which is more than normal 3G.Will stick to it until my phone receives the supported band

Yup lol. Dire state in our country in which providers seemingly don't want us to progress only. I remember getting 5-6 mbps 3-4 years earlier in my Samsung Galaxy with 3G ,but now they give 2-3mbps as 3G (its been downgraded it seems to make the difference between 3G and 4G seem more visible) Quite sure they have the capability to give 3G at 8-10mbps and 4G at much higher speeds but it seems like until they get a kick up their arses they are content providing us with shit

Last edited: