Airtel 4g not getting sms OTP with Vowifi

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 20,847
i have realme x2 pro and on mine it doesnt work

I have tried raising this issue 2 times with customer support. After 2-3 days, it is marked as resolved on the app. And when I call customer support, upon checking they will say I should have received a test SMS and the problem is with my device.

So if I run a VPN server on my home network and connect to it when I am in a different country , it should technically work right ?

How do I connect with airtel tech support? Ivr and app are shit. No option to report this problem. I'm not able to send or receive sms on vowifi when signal is 0.

My mom who has airtel and is using different phone is also not able to receive sms on vowifi

There's no use complaining. It's a technical problem and they are aware of it. They've not migrated SMS to the IMS system, it still relies on their 2G/3G core for forwarding and delivery. Vowifi from Airtel is mainly intended for calls only at this time.

Even I am seeing delay in receiving OTPs while on Airtel. Surprisingly, those garbage messages like best deal for today, plans etc have no issues getting delivered to me..🤔

so is it like not working for all the airtel customers? or is just us who are unlucky? whats the solution to this problem? because jio in my area is not good and I dont wanna shift to them.

SMS works for me in vowifi but in my case it will not receive calls when vowifi active 🙁

It seems they are upgrading their vowifi service. Earlier, it was very edgy, but for the past 2-3 days, vowifi has become stable. Calls and SMS work properly.

I am also facing same issue with Airtel Vowifi.
Calls, Outgoing SMS works fine.
Only incoming SMS not working.

Tried reaching Customer Care many times.
Everytime they reply it is my handset issue.
Sadly no resolution provided yet.

Bump. Is everyone still facing this issue? Airtel customer care seems to be of no use!

You can expect a resolution only when they acknowledge that there is an issue..... which they have not and never will....