Airtel 4G LTE

Stupid ad.. Now they only [forgetting RJio and Aircel's limited corporate launch] are providing 4G in India.. This means they are comparing their 4G with competitor's 3G networks...

But still in Chennai Vodafone 3G has better speed than Airtel 4G.. And thats why they have excluded TN circle for the challenge [another reason is Aircel 4G - even though its available in just 200 sq meters in metros]..

The bigger problem is that the tests are photoshopped when there was no need to. The ad is obviously stupid. It's like saying... Let's see if your Reva is faster than my Swift or not.

This Ad doesn't mean anything. Notice that they don't tell you the cost of 4G Data in this Ad. To download just a single movie in good quality, you have to take Prepaid/postpaid 4G plan that starts with 1000 Rs. Rs 300/GB is pretty expensive for internet.

So how cheap is same data on 3g? Cost is irrelevant in this case. It's a showcase of download speeds. Get over it.

My point is about Airtel's advertisement strategy. They're using trivial things to promote their service.

Speed doesn't really matter. What's the affordability? What's the connectivity/coverage? What's the flexibility of tariff plans? What's the QoS? These are real things. And 4G is incompatible on all these issues at present.

This ad is about speed. And 4G is faster than 3G. Stupid ad. But technically sound.

That also depend on connectivity. I haven't tried 4G but i have read reviews of people not getting adequate connectivity of 4G. So how can 4G be faster than 3G? Theoretically yes, practically not necessarily.

Of course the tests are only conducted in vicinity of their towers. Probably unrestricted as well.

So we have to be in vicinity of Airtel tower to take Airtel's 4G speed challange. haha...

Anyway, i have sympathy for our telecom industry. They're not given adequate amount of spectrum. They're charged exorbitantly for 4G licenses. Then they're supposed to revolutionize telecom/infocomm sector. Not gonna happen.

people who need high speeds and can pay for it are happy because they have an option to go for considering wired broadband is pretty fucked up throughout the country. no need to get a leased line for personal use.