Airtel 4G LTE 40GB Router Locked Plan on Existing connection ?

• Thread starter Thread starter abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,575

abhinav

ISP
Airtel 3G Dongle
Hi,
I already have an Airtel 4G LTE connection with an airtel router, purchased last year in March.
I tried to upgrade my existing plan (2049/25GB) to the 2000/40 GB Router locked plan in Bangalore.
However I was told by Airtel Customer care that this plan is only for new connections.
I do not see the same mentioned on their website, so want to check - is this true ?
Has anyone upgraded an existing connection to the 40GB plan ?
Thanks !

If nothing else works, apply for a disconnection. I assume their LTE team also has a fucking annoying retention department.

The issue is that they expect me to buy a router again if I want this plan 🙁
Just want to confirm, because last time I tried upgrading this plan, their customer care told me there is no such plan even though it was listed on their website.
An existing case of plan change having happened will help me escalate this and increase my chances of getting to this plan without service disruption/additional cost.

what i meant was that they hate to lose a customer so their retention department would probably contact you with special plans that are not available officially. this is what they do with their broadband customers. lte customers are likely to be even more valuable so same should happen in those case.

I am in pune, I asked customer care to change the plan to 2000/40 GB. They have changed .