Airtel 4G issue in moto g(3rd gen)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,818
ISP
MTNL
Hello friends,
I am using moto g (3rd gen), From past days i am unable to use 4G, Despite selecting 4g as preferred network i am only getting 3G network. For a while i though that it might be some network issue in my area but one of my friend is using moto g4 plus and he has no issues to access 4g network. I am now not sure if it's an issue with my device or issue with airtel.
Can any moto g 3rd gen user comment on it?

my friend has the waterproof edition of moto g3 and he was also facing the same issue. he had to get a new sim issued by airtel to get connected to lte. surprisingly, lte was working fine on the same sim earlier.

I just checked with Vodafone 4g sim, the only difference that I notice was it was able to catch h symbol pretty easily but Airtel was able to catch only 3G symbol. I will try I get a new SIM , hope it's a sim issue only :/

Airtel changed my SIM card four times before LTE started working on my phone.

Take your phone to the airtel center from where you got the SIM, and ask them to check for themselves.

Also, try putting the same sim in another 4G phone to see if it works there.

So I got an SMS from airtel - We have upgraded your network for better voice and faster internet - so please get new 4G SIM else your current SIM will be de-activated by 2nd October!!!!

Woooooo! Now they will insist on Aadhaar card during getting new SIM I bet!

I'm not too concerned - will port out eventually - not now - if they keep playing such tricks - but then - ALL vendors like IDEA / Jio will play such tricks in absence of good consumer protection laws in India.