Airtel 4G in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 7,181
^^^ Same like I get unlimited 3G at 40Kbps on my Idea postpaid if I utilise 750 MB in billing cycle.

That Airtel plan really looks too good to be real. I get 600 minutes, 300 sms and 750 MB 3G data on Idea postpaid corporate plan at Rs 299.

Until you don't get details on mail, one shouldn't switch to any plan as a general rule.

Sure, the plan might be correct, but Airtel can start charging you randomly after a while.

Keep that in mind. Moreover, if you're indeed looking for such a plan, reliance has the same for 350 😀

what do people do with that kind of speed on a mobile connection? I cant think of anything other than downloading huge files but then why would you want to download big files on a mobile connection?
i live in edge of chennai, here no wired connections possible for atleast next 3yrs till corporation fix the road issues. so here only option is 3g or 4g. i guess this is how for people who live outside big cities too.

Yup. For a lot of people, wireless is the only/only-decent option. I cannot get more than 4mbps in my area. If I want more, I only have wireless as the option.

As i said if there is no wired then yes wireless is the only option you have.

Regrading speeds that high i dont know why would anyone NEED that kind of high speeds(unless you can get it for a reasonable price, not X times higher than wired). I mean I myself would love to have high speeds too. Higher the Better. But do i really need anything above 4-8Mbps? NO.

So I asked him to email me the plans and he sent me a doc file.

The first plan will be applicable for the first 3 months, and after 3 months the second one. And he claims that it will be 4G always instead of 3G.

Decent plans to port?

cec0842fbfded5bccde92e5fc6cf7afd.jpg

da1bbbb3674695a13a6071a330e7d387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What network are you on currently?

Second plan seems pretty average and if you call landlines as it is you'll be charged at 50p/min. So, if you call landlines, you might want to clarify this bit.

And second plan has 2G data?

Regarding 3G being 4G, I wouldn't trust something that isn't on mail. Your gamble to take.

I know of a corp plan which gives 2GB 3G data in 299+tax so any thing possible.