Airtel 3G launch in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,938
Man no free testing time provided by Airtel on Mumbai 3G. I was interested in checking out the speeds in my locality before I would move over but they say you cannot test. you have to move over and which means I will loose out on my GPRS plan of 99 unlimited. Damn why do they make it so hard to get.

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9337/airtelmum.png Yes its launched, & i got a message from airtel that speeds will b upto 21 mbps.

Do we get Video calls activated without any data plan subscription? (mtnl gives this )Do we get 3G Voice signal without any data plan subscription?( mtnl gives this access)Does Airtel charge data usage also while making video calls?(mtnl does not charge)Does Airtel charge TV data usage?(mtnl does not charge, vodafone charges)

I took Airtel 3G connection on 3rd September. The service has been as bad as 2G, with more money and less data transfer limit! Airtel gives 2 GB per month for 99/- In case of 3G, they give 250 MB per month for 200/- at the same speed or worse. The download and upload speeds on 3G are 0.02 Mbps!They have published a number 12134, 3G Helpline, it does not work! When I call up the regular complaint number, I am told to call 12134!The 3G service is completely down for 2-3 days now. I checked for service and speed in different areas of Mumbai on 5th; Thane, Mulund (no 3G signal), Ghatkopar, Sion, BKC and domestic airport, the download speed at all these places was consistently 0.02 Mbps. I check the service on the night of 7th; Sahar airport, Sakinaka, Powai, Mulund and Thane - no 3G service!SHAME ON AIRTEL