Airtel 3G FAQs

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 49,365
That 3 rs./GB is for BSNL, which doesn't own any of the submarine cables itself. For Airtel & others owning their own cables it should be lesser than this 🙂

Not necessarily. Rs3/GB (Rs900/mbit/month) sounds like it's coming pretty close to cost to me - probably couldn't go *too much* lower than that - those cables aren't cheap to build, ya know (not cheap as in i2i from Chennai to Singapore costing $250 million dollars not cheap), but at the prices they charge now and have been charging historically, I expect they've already made that money back so it'll just be operational expenses and maintenance.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

So they are making HUGE sums of money from limited download plans on wireline+ADSL side of the business.

Cost of Bandwidth is Rs 3/GB and Sale price of Bandwidth is Rs 170/GB for some plans. 😡

Looks like we need Egypt like revolution here in India to put an end to this extortion.

Don't forget the overage fees of 20, 30, 40, 50 paise/MB or more equalling Rs200-500/GB... or more with some ISPs!

Our charge is essentially going to be 1 paise per MB.

I have the "H" symbol showing on my phone and I did not even activate 3G, yet I did a speedtest and I am getting a speed in excess of 1.2mbps. What is this 🙂? I called up customer care and they say I don't have 3G.

looks like they activated 3g on your phone without your approval. has been happening to a lot of people.

looks like they activated 3g on your phone without your approval. has been happening to a lot of people.

What Should I do?

well i guess enjoy the free period. or turn off 3G on your phone if you do not want to risk getting falsely billed!

I'm not going to pay the bill if they bill me for 3G. 🙂 Simple as that. I even called up the customer service and he said it's not there so it's on record.

They think we are idiots. We don't know any things about mobile infrastructure. We just came from mars.

A isp in U.S. is providing unlimited wireless internet at 4G speed for just $45 = Rs.2045 with data card and with no speed cap. Now you can think what speed you will get in 4G network. You can see not only airtel but all service provider is making us fool but airtel is on top. I am very frustrated with them. They only see money nothing else.

You can see all 4G plans at High-Speed Wireless WiMAX Internet & Home Phone Service | CLEAR.com

They think we are idiots. We don't know any things about mobile infrastructure. We just came from mars.

A isp in U.S. is providing unlimited wireless internet at 4G speed for just $45 = Rs.2045 with data card and with no speed cap. Now you can think what speed you will get in 4G network. You can see not only airtel but all service provider is making us fool but airtel is on top. I am very frustrated with them. They only see money nothing else.

You can see all 4G plans at High-Speed Wireless WiMAX Internet & Home Phone Service | CLEAR.com

Have you never seen the actual throughput on and complaints about that network? It has one of the worst reputations of all the US ISPs.

Also, Clear is still trying to avoid insolvency - Sprint had to spend a well over $1b stopping it from going under.

I think better protesting on Airtel its better on DoT n TRAI as they r actual culprits so we should start strong protest stating against then telling to increase min speed to 2 mbps :angry (2):

I think better protesting on Airtel its better on DoT n TRAI as they r actual culprits so we should start strong protest stating against then telling to increase min speed to 2 mbps :angry (2):

That minimum speed is already slated to happen. In 2015.

That minimum speed is already slated to happen. In 2015.
Hahahaha 2015 omg we want it for now. The online game sucks in 512kbps connection wit ping upto 250ms to US servers. So .....

Hahahaha 2015 omg we want it for now. The online game sucks in 512kbps connection wit ping upto 250ms to US servers. So .....

Upgrading the minimum speed isn't going to help the ping time. If you want a better US ping time, move to the US. There's nothing but open ocean between NZ and the US, and San Jose is 150ms minimum.