Airtel 399 unlimited Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter arjeria
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 25,803

arjeria

My brother just applied for this plan. anyone having a clue about it. How good/bad is it ?Its supposed to be 64kbps daytime and 128 kbps night time without any data limits. No installation or other charges. Only 500 Rs. security deposit for the modem. No modem rent either. 1 Rs per call charges if anyone wants to make phone calls.Sounds good ?

U sure abt this plan!!!!Seems good enuff i guess!!!

Originally posted by rastapopulus@Mar 7 2006, 07:58 PM
U sure abt this plan!!!!
Seems good enuff i guess!!!
[snapback]43856[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pretty sure as I talked to the AIRTEL GUY myself. I asked again and again about any hidden costs and he said there are none. He also told me that it has been recently launched. I asked for any other new plans but he replied in negative.

It would have been awesome even if it was 128k day and 256k night but this one also isnt that bad. 🙂

Originally posted by arjeria@Mar 7 2006, 06:22 PM
My brother just applied for this plan. anyone having a clue about it. How good/bad is it ?
Its supposed to be 64kbps daytime and 128 kbps night time without any data limits. No installation or other charges. Only 500 Rs. security deposit for the modem. No modem rent either. 1 Rs per call charges if anyone wants to make phone calls.
Sounds good ?
[snapback]43849[/snapback]
[/quote]

There is modem rental. The Rs.399 is including modem rental of Rs.99.

Wow - this looks to be a cool plan - when was it launched? and where are u from? I'm on the Airtel - Unlimited 128kbps plan costin 600/mo and I'd gladly like to take up this plan! btw, u sure it's unlimited.. no catch/ no caps??

If u go through their tariff plans, you'll find that there's no modem rental for unlimited plans. Even if u were to buy ur own modem it would still cost u 399 + taxes. But am not sure abt the call charges u mentioned. It would most likely be Rs 1.20/pulse. Other than that the new plan sounds good.

Originally posted by ultra vires@Mar 8 2006, 01:54 AM
not listed on there site 🙁
[snapback]43909[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will be connected within three days so lets see .... 😀

upto 64 kbps is making a mockery of broadband! soon we'll have a upto 10 kbps broadband plan for 100 rs. is airtel going the BSNL way? and are you sure about this night upgrade? i have not been given any upgrade on my 256k plan so far, called their customer service and they told me there is no such upgradation scheme on their cards, and if at all they do announce any such offer they would notify their customers through mail. i have not received any such mail and am currently waiting for my night time upgrade here in bangalore. Reliance has announced its plans of going gung-ho into the broadband front. hopefully this would lead to more competition, otherwise there doesn't seem to be any respite for us.this upto 399 plan seems good for people who check mails and do nothing more! had they slashed their current exisiting rates i would have given them a pat on their backs from my side.

🤔 **** 🤔 when did dis happen. I was on the Home 399 plan. I shifted to Home 999 plan. U sure theyr givin 128 @ nite??

why don they give 512 @ nite on the 256 plan?

Originally posted by gabruputt@Mar 8 2006, 01:07 PM
this upto 399 plan seems good for people who check mails and do nothing more! had they slashed their current exisiting rates i would have given them a  pat on their backs from my side.
[snapback]43932[/snapback]
[/quote]

Theoretically one can download something like 30 GB per month.. Not enough ? 😉

Originally posted by iBrood@Mar 9 2006, 03:35 PM
There s no such plan. All I know of is 128 unlimited @ 699 and 256 @ 999.
[snapback]44022[/snapback]
[/quote]
hmm 128 UL at 699 - u r saying it with the modem rental ain't u??