Airtel 2nd number not able to send sms

• Thread starter Thread starter kamal318
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,552
ISP
Act
I have recently got a new 4g dual sim smartphone(Lenovo K8 plus). i have primary sim as airtel. i have also put secondary sim as airtel. I am unable to send sms through 2nd airtel sim for linking apps and for regular sms. plz advice me on my problem.

Finally i got clarification. I got my secondary sim just yesterday evening replaced for a new sim for my smartphone. i was told for security reasons, although the sim got activated you will be barred from sending sms for 48 hrs. I got this info as I called the 198 customer complaint number. It has been my mistake not calling customer support before posting here. However i think 48hrs. is a bit too long wait for linking our apps and sending the sms once the sim gets activated.

when i got my sim replaced at airtel... sms were enabled pretty much as soon as the new sim was activated. i think 48 hours is the maximum they take. but most of the times it is faster.

I recently updated my Airtel SIM myself couple of weeks ago (it was delivered to my home) and also faced 24 hours without SMS working.