• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,668

s.ricky

regulars
ISP
broadband
from past few weeks i am getting very slow speed on airtel 2g data. (2 - 10kbps surfing speed)earlier i used to get 200 -250kbps speedis anyone in the forum getting low speed on airtel 2g?

its always been around 64kbps for me, what can one expect from craptel ?

Since Nov 30 Airtel speeds have come down a bit in 2G and a lot less in 3G. There are people using 3G pack and getting low speeds too unlike 3-6 mbps previously.If you use a 2G pack, do not try to connect in Dual or 3G. It will show connected in 3G but give you only 40 kbps.Force it connect in Edge only, it will give 120-160 kbps atleast.3G speeds in 2G packs is almost already history.

Just switched back from 3G to 2G, while earlier Airtel CC used to claim 40-60 kbps speed now they are saying 2G is 20-30kbps speed.Guess they want to encourage people to shift to 3G :loser:

Guess they want to encourage people to shift to 3G :loser:

yes that's the reason for the crap 2g speed. old times have gone now when i used to get 200+kbps surfing speed.
anyways i'll port to reliance or docomo now...

Edit: got a call from airtel retention department today.
they offered me these packs:
1. A2A- 20p/min local calls ( for 2 months)
2. A2A - 20p/min local and other local at 40p/min ( pack free for 1 month and thereafter 1 rupee per day rental)
3. full talktime on every recharge of rs 100 and above for 3 months

What's the best mobile Internet plan on airtel postpaid in ncr? Is it 2GB for 198 or is 1GB for 99 also available? How do I activate this plan?