airtel 2G speed

s.ricky

regulars
from past few weeks i am getting very slow speed on airtel 2g data. (2 - 10kbps surfing speed)earlier i used to get 200 -250kbps speedis anyone in the forum getting low speed on airtel 2g?

s.ricky

regulars
time to port to docomo... its much better in terms of gprs speed.

obeliex

Regular
Since Nov 30 Airtel speeds have come down a bit in 2G and a lot less in 3G. There are people using 3G pack and getting low speeds too unlike 3-6 mbps previously.If you use a 2G pack, do not try to connect in Dual or 3G. It will show connected in 3G but give you only 40 kbps.Force it connect in Edge only, it will give 120-160 kbps atleast.3G speeds in 2G packs is almost already history.

kreacher

Where is HD?
Just switched back from 3G to 2G, while earlier Airtel CC used to claim 40-60 kbps speed now they are saying 2G is 20-30kbps speed.Guess they want to encourage people to shift to 3G :loser:

s.ricky

regulars
Guess they want to encourage people to shift to 3G :loser:

yes that's the reason for the crap 2g speed. old times have gone now when i used to get 200+kbps surfing speed.
anyways i'll port to reliance or docomo now...

Edit: got a call from airtel retention department today.
they offered me these packs:
1. A2A- 20p/min local calls ( for 2 months)
2. A2A - 20p/min local and other local at 40p/min ( pack free for 1 month and thereafter 1 rupee per day rental)
3. full talktime on every recharge of rs 100 and above for 3 months

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
What's the best mobile Internet plan on airtel postpaid in ncr? Is it 2GB for 198 or is 1GB for 99 also available? How do I activate this plan?