airtel 2122a router 5g led - may be issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 82535
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,924
D

Deleted member 82535

Hi all.
First of all thanks to admins for approving my registration. I have been given airtel gx 2122a titanium router with airtel Xstream fiber connection. The router is working fine but I am not sure if the 5g Led indicator is working correctly or not.
I have changed the password for both 2g & 5g ssids and they are strong. At present my desktop and all phones in house are only 2g capable. Still when no device is on 5g ssid, that led keeps blinking continuously. I opend router page and found no 5g device in list of connected device.

Even after reboot that 5g Led keeps blinking non-stop. This is bit cosmetic kind of thing but bit annoying! Has anyone else got this router and is this way 5g Led works or something wrong with Led. On the other hand 2g led blinks only when there’s some internet data transfer happening. I tested it by keeping only one phone on and checking that 2g Led behavior. Thx vikas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post a link to a video to better understand if there's a problem

just to mention my point..this is one answer from quora where someone has explained how Leds work in router.

1) Static LED for control functions such as Power, DSL and WIFI Enable/Disable.

2) Flickering LED to signify activity such as data transmission. There is NO pattern for this flicker.

So led should blink when there's data transfer and that is how 2g is working correctly on my router. however 5g led just keeps on blinking non-stop after i boot the router and it remains flickeing non-stop. i have no 5g device and no 5g device is on router to do any data transfer. since 2g and 5g both indicate wifi network i hope indicator function shoudl be ideally same.

See this link for animated gif.
Source in case this site needs to know how thsi is posted. i captured on my mobile then reduced the size of mp4 using clideo.com online and then used cloudconvert.com online to change mp4 to animated gif so that it can be posted on imgur. i hope you can see the animation. here i have disconnected all cables, no fiber no lan, no phone. so no internet and nothing was connected to even 2g band. i turned off wifi on all my phones. still 5g led just keeps on blinking non-stop. now i am sure when no cable is connected even airtel admin can not connect here if hey have any specials access. thx

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone has any inputs? is anyone using same router is leds working fiine
i believe this is a defect but so far there is response from airtel. they may not be interested i guess on such non internet issues.

@vikasr92 I have this same GPON router. I have disabled both 2.4ghz and 5ghz band and use this as bridge modem only. Yes 5Ghz lights keep blinking. I noticed that since first day. I recently received airtel Xstream fiber connection 2 weeks ago. I even had this thread started. I just hide all leds now with a tape as there was too much blueish glow in night.

Thanks for your response. This confirms that there's indeed a cosmetic problem in this device. I am surprised what kind of vendor evaluation is done by airtel. their tech experts could not notice this or did they silently ignored this problem. some routers even have feature to disbale leds at night but this one does not have any such feature. for me a check on leds tell me whats happening in the device. 5g led is clearly misleading. i hv asked airtel to check but i doudt if they shall look into such issues