Aircel Launches Wimax In India

• Thread starter Thread starter cyrux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 17,140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of confused between wimax and Wifi ???Also who gave them spectrum to launch this wimax service.

Guys I read in today's Deccan Chronicle that Aircel has launched its WiMax services in Hyderabad and is planning to launch in more cities. However their website http://www.aircel.com/ does not have anything on WiMax at all. Can someone tell me more about their launch in Hyd and other particulars such as tariffs, speeds, packages, etc especially for domestic users?

Thanks

rational

Wow.... 😱 atlast WiMax and I guess atleast that doesn't come with Download limits like...

Upto 10Mbps Speed.... with FREE Usage of 10MB

😛

Where does it say anything about speeds offered or limits ?Oh yeah, and things like user experiences..Till then its wait & see....

I have been hearing about wimax coming to india for a long time now.......I guess this is how it goes in our country......all talk and nothing else....remember a few months back they had said bangalore will have wimax by jan 2007, and that BSNL had conducted trials blah blah blah...well nothing happend since and there is no further news on wimax in Bangalore...remember many years ago there were reports that fiber optic was being laid all over the country and soon eveyone will get to experience lighting fast broadband, Hd tv etc etc........even if they do come out with wimax going by the attitude of the current inertnet service providers ans the govt...expect to see ridiculus limits/caps....the mindset in india needs to change.

Well Crazysah.. lotsa dumb asses like me don't even know how WiMax works? What equipment would u need to fit in ur house... Abt the bandwidth... feasibility... and other basic technical details... If the private players brought WiMax into existence maybe like wht Mr.Moron announced this year would be the "Year of Broadband" and maybe till the next deacde they would never turn their attention towards this field.... So this is the First and the Final "Year of Broad(fraud)band"....But I'm like wondering if we would get speeds in the order of 2Mbps with Unlimited Downloads.. I heard that WiMax can provide more uptime and better connectivity with Good Speeds.... Is that true?Or am I jus day-dreaming? 😀God plz.. save us from paying Rs.1000 for 256kbps while japanese and koreans browse at the same cost with speeds of upto 100Mbps/1Gbps... and even worse French ppl browsing @ 2.5Gbps.... 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.