• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 14,471
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aircel launches affordable new 3G plans
Aircel 3g Plans:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3453/aircel3g.jpg

The new dongle plans are also a major deviation from the current set up. Unlimited plans from Aircel start at below Rs 200. There is a possibility of using Aircel card on existing dongles (which could be a Micromax/ Huawei/ etc.) and benefit with these new plans.

For the first time, Aircel has come out with low priced plans, which don’t have a rider – there’s not even a speed rider. Even the lowest plan, at Rs. 8, comes with a 3.6Mbps speed.

All the plans can be used on roaming. So a customer moving to a 2G area can consume data seamlessly. Also, even if he moves to a 2G circle, he can continue consuming data seamlessly (at 2G speeds).

At and above Rs. 198, the customer can freely move his plan from mobile to dongle to tab etc. There is no restrictions on type of device – which is currently there on every operator – including Aircel.

It's no longer the same. The spectrum auction turned the telecom sector into a monopoly. Aircel has licenses in all four south indian states, punjab, WB and a few other states. But it doesn't have licenses in maharashtra and delhi so there's no competition for vodafone/airtel in these states.

there are four players in most circles. i do not see that as a monopoly. cartel? yes. monopoly? no. there are a lot of countries where there are 2-3 players in the entire market.

Indian Telecom Spectrum Auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4281/stec.png

In delhi and mumbai, there are just three players - vodafone, airtel and reliance.

If you look at the 3g plans of both airtel and vodafone, they seem identical. It's not surprising to see that vodafone has a stake in airtel. I think both these companies have strategic convergence.

So leaving reliance, there's no competition for airtel/vodafone in mumbai and delhi.

Indian Telecom Spectrum Auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4281/stec.png

In delhi and mumbai, there are just three players - vodafone, airtel and reliance.

If you look at the 3g plans of both airtel and vodafone, they seem identical. It's not surprising to see that vodafone has a stake in airtel. I think both these companies have strategic convergence.

So leaving reliance, there's no competition for airtel/vodafone in mumbai and delhi.

you are forgetting MTNL and BSNL right?

vodafone's stake in airtel currently is very minimal and probably does not affect their strategies.

of course, having a cartel is a bigger problem. but trai has generally done a good job.

you are ignoring the fact that all of these companies have paid shit load of money to the government for the spectrum and they have to recover that money from somewhere.

you are forgetting MTNL and BSNL right?
That's not how I look at it.

Aircel has revised its rates and is now providing 1gb of 3G data for 200 bucks. How has this impacted the other providers? Have they revised their plans? No visible impact yet.

Aircel has no license in mumbai or delhi so these regions are immune to what aircel does in other regions.

The only way to be sure if spectrum auction has not eliminated competition is if 3G players in mumbai and delhi revise their rates at par with aircel. Has it happened yet? No.

Now if MTNL/BSNL revise their 3G rates before vodafone/airtel/reliance then I might understand the governments strategy a little more clearly.

you are ignoring the fact that all of these companies have paid shit load of money to the government for the spectrum and they have to recover that money from somewhere.
lol I don't think the providers are a victim. They will recover their money alright and obviously they'll do that through us.

now reliance is slashing its 3G prices before its 4G launch . today I got a sms stating 1GB @ 351 val 30 days and 2GB@650 val 30 days for customers done frc after march 2012 .

3.6 mbps ??? no way. Last week with 1day for Rs.7 pack , it hardly crossed 60 kbps even with good 3g signal. only silver lining is "unlimited" @ 10-12kbps. You can lure customers 1 time , 2 times but later customers will not believe all this bluff.

3.6 mbps ??? no way. Last week with 1day for Rs.7 pack , it hardly crossed 60 kbps even with good 3g signal. only silver lining is "unlimited" @ 10-12kbps. You can lure customers 1 time , 2 times but later customers will not believe all this bluff.

yea. its like FSP (Fair Speed Policy) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.