Air conditioner suggestion daikin or voltas

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 7,151

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
I am looking to buy a 1 ton AC and have shortlisted some models.

(4 star energy rating 2022 model) Daikin website shows 5 yr PCB warranty and 10 yr compressor. On croma I guess warranty listed is wrong for this AC. (I am not sure if warranty will be void incase I don't get maintenance done regularly by Daikin authorized centers)

(5 star rating 2021 model) .Voltas is offering adjustable ton which I guess could be useful. But warranty is 1yr normal and 10yr on compressor. Somewhere I read PCB is most important for inverter AC. Tatacliq is offering extended warranty (10services included) for 5k

Amazon.in
Samsung is also offering adjustable ton but I don't know if their ACs are good and warranty is also same like tata 1yr + 10yr on compressor. No details about extended warranty from manufacturer.

I almost paid for the Daikin one but last year also I got a Daikin AC and was not happy with the installation charges and service quality. I was lucky to get copper pipe with product but their was no pm 2.5 filter as advertised I didn't complained to not waste my time. Also no drilling in wall (for pipes) was required still had to pay about 2.5k The quality of work was very unprofessional, no proper tools and they created a huge mess.

Technology wise which is better Daikin or voltas and how much difference it makes in real world usage?

@Samuel

P.S. why tf Daikin has so many models with same specs

Solution

decided to buy this. It has good coating on coil, very quite, personal experience with brand is good.

Edit: I would have opted for Daikin but their outsourced technicians are completely unprofessional or atleast in my experience. So going to give LG a try this time.

2nd edit:- bought this one, 2022 model. Above one is 2020 model with same specs only available at few places probably leftover/damaged stock...
Is gas leakage etc a problem in your area? If yes get the Voltas one with the extended warranty. That warranty covers everything including gas replacement etc so you will not have any additional maintenance charges over the 5 year period.

Upvote 0
Gas leakage is not a problem here. I am in a new areas, asked my friend their AC are working from 10yrs without even any proper maintenance lol

With current discount I can get Daikin for 31990-2000 = 29990 (no extra maintanance)
Voltas 32290+5k maintanance. But it has adjustable tonnage which could help save money in long term? I have not used a adjustable one before.

Upvote 0
If gas leakage isn't a problem then you can consider Daikin ACs. They are better in terms of cooling. A friend has a double inverter Smart LG 1.5 ton AC and has recently bought this one (link below) for 44k. Daikin cools faster, but wouldn't be at par with LG in terms of energy savings.

You can consider Voltas Maha ACs with adjustable tonnage if you are into that. A personal suggestion would be to be certain about the tonnage required for the respective rooms rather than being fixated on the 'energy savings'. My friend isn't really happy with the cooling of LG dual inverter. Even though it's saving him some units. Lol

Source

Last edited:
Reactions: Smh
Upvote 0
I would prefer a less noisy AC when I am working. How is Voltas in terms of noise?

And any suggestion about LG, samsung cooling quality and service?

Currently my apartment gets very less direct sunlight so its not very hot and 1 ton should be enough.

Upvote 0
Voltas would be noisier and the plastic quality would be inferior compared to both Daikin and LG.

I personally don't like the remote for the Voltas unit I have, and I dislike the air vents. I manually lower it as it's terribly restricted.

@Sushubh Would be able to comment on the service experience of Daikain and Hitatchi.

Upvote 0
1 Year Warranty on Product, 5 Years on PCB and 10 Years on Compressor with Gas Charging (from flipkart listing)
LG is offering gas charging warranty too? thats really generous without any extended warranty plan.

okay thinking to drop Voltas Idk why but I feel their product quality in terms of cooling and quality will be bad. Checking some LG models now.

Upvote 0
Provided your compressor is faulty and changed. Only in that case gas charging is covered.

Only Voltas covers gas charging under their WTA plan.

Reactions: Smh
Upvote 0

decided to buy this. It has good coating on coil, very quite, personal experience with brand is good.

Edit: I would have opted for Daikin but their outsourced technicians are completely unprofessional or atleast in my experience. So going to give LG a try this time.

2nd edit:- bought this one, 2022 model. Above one is 2020 model with same specs only available at few places probably leftover/damaged stock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
If your usage is between 16-20C, then it ready doesn't matter to get an inverter model as you will anyways be using inv model as non-inv. Infact, you would be better off getting an non-inv due to low price.
Inv series is about efficiency. My usage costs me around ₹210-250 as unit consumption per night is around 1-1.3 at 26C. I use LG 4* 1.5 ton.

Upvote 0