• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 9,558

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Abhishek replaces Hrithik in Agneepath remake
Much as Hrithik Roshan’s fans would love to see him play Vijay Dinanath Chauhan in producer Karan Johar’s remake of the Amitabh Bachchan classic Agneepath, Hrithik has refused to do the film. Abhishek Bachchan has stepped into his father’s big shoes to play the iconic character.
Hrithik has politely informed Karan that he doesn’t want to be a part of the remake, while Abhishek is only too glad to be doing it. An industry insider reveals, “Abhishek has said in many of his interviews that Agneepath is his favorite film. Naturally, he was overjoyed when Karan asked him to play the role which his father has originally played. It has always been Abhishek’s dream to do once what his father has done in his career, and he sees Agneepath as the perfect opportunity.”
But why did Hrithik turn down the offer? The insider adds, “Hrithik was a tad apprehensive about stepping into Big B’s shoes. Moreover, Karan too had second thoughts after he had approached Hrithik for the role. Besides, Hrithik had date problems. He will soon be busy with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish and since Karan plans to start shooting the film in early 2010, Hrithik suggested that it would be wise for Karan to go ahead with another actor.”

So AB's baby happy following Big B's footstep.
I guess after good acting in 'Guru', we can expect good performance from Abhishek in Agneepath remake.

I expect a FLOP film, but making good money and claiming to be hit 😀

This must be a joke. Agneepath's lead role requires a lot of substance, which Junior B doesn't have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0KPQstwMQw&feature=youtu.beLooks like I would have to rewatch the original to see how much this suck in comparison.

i like rishi kapoor though. i do not think he has done many negative roles. he sucked in patiala house. anupam kher is playing pretty much the same character in Speedy Singh!

All the bollywood films today are either comedy or drama or unrealistic action movies with similar plot lines. I rarely see any good movies nowadays. in the last 3 years the only good movies i remember are 3 idiots, stanley ka dabba, udaan and delhi belly.

So we will again get to see the same Dialogue ? "Poora naam - Vijay Dinannath Chauhan"