Advise On Ipod Shuffle

• Thread starter Thread starter arvind123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,484

arvind123

i am planning to get ipod shuffle (512MB), but am confused about certain things:1. what exactly is meant by "itunes integration"...can't I just drag n drop mp3 files (music, podcasts etc) from a folder on PC onto the shuffle ?2. what are the alternatives to ipod shuffle(512 mb) from creative or other companies... ?3. I am in calcutta, so if anyone can recommend good shops, that would be great./

Answers 1)Yes u can just drag and drop using explorer in u r i pod.And you can also use Itunes to sync your current music in pc with your ipod 2) ipod is an Apple product ...it is called Apple Ipod ....so if you want creative mini portable player yes it is their it is called creative pocket music....3)Saboo in Ganesh Chandra Avenue ...supreme near chandni chowk metro station are good shops

I have always wondered whether there was any reason for anyone to buy a 512MB mp3 player (as it means you will get only about 80-90 songs). The only two reasons I can come up with are:
[*]Because of Apple's effective marketing - there is no dirth of apple fanboys who will probably spend $200 on a piece of turd as long as it was white and had an apple logo on it.
[*]Because you strictly need the player for working out, and didn't care about having to replace music on it frequently, and the compactness of the player is of essence.
[/list]So unless you fit into either category, I would suggest that you are better off buying a mp3 discman. It's much cheaper and one disc holds more than 512MB.

QUOTE(arvind123 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:53 AM) [snapback]75020[/snapback]
^^ he he, i am not an Apple fanboy and my primary reason for going for shuffle (or any such equivalent) is listening to podcasts etc and some music....
\[/b]

I own a (original) Panasonic MP3 disk player and though it's a great piece of technology, a shuffle makes a lot more sense for daily city commuting, a disk player is just too bulky to lug around all the time. 90 songs may not be much but swapping songs is not that big a deal, in any case I generally have 10-20 new songs that I'm really into at any given point of time. An MP3 disk player would be good if I were to go out of town for a few days as I could carry gigs of songs in a small CD spindle, even then a nano with a bigass capacity would be a lot more convenient. Light weight and jitter free!

There is a lot of hype associated with iPods but there is substance to back some of it up, the new clip-on shuffle is the ultimate in portability.

but needs a dongle for recharging and loading songs. the older generation ipod was the best portable ipod from Apple i think. the new one is compact but reduces portability.