• Thread starter Thread starter pa1pa1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,115

pa1pa1

Regular
ISP
MTNL 2mbps UL
Hi,I need to setup an internet connection at my place where the usage would be pretty low. Can i buy a cheap unlocked 3g modem (USB) off of ebay and use any SIM with it? Also, can i use the Rs 99 2GB 2G pack with the dongle? because vodafone doesn't officially offer this plan for a dongle.Please suggest what dongle i should go for.Thanks !

You can use any plan on the dongle. Buy any unlocked dongle from ebay. A 7.2 mbps dongle should cost around 1200-1300 bucks

Cool. Would you suggest any specific dongle, maybe one that doesn't overheat or have other problems? There are so many of them, its a mess! And although ebay dealers provide 6 mth warranty, claiming it is gonna be a headache.Thanks again!

@X720 a while back u were advising me to get Huawei E1732 😛 I should remove my like from that post now that I gave u 😛OT: Huawei E1750 is good doesn't heat that much specially if it is room would stay cool 🙂

I recently bought a ZTE one for a friend off ebay for 980 bucks. it says Vodafone on it so I guess its the one that Vodafone gives. Working fine till now. Supports 7.2 mbps speeds.