Advice needed GPRS services

sandip250382

ISP
Vodafone
I have purchased Huawei Smartphone marketed by Idea, model number ID- 280. It supports high speed internet. Earlier I was using Airtel 3g Dongles, they have excellent speed of around 600 KB/sec but the plans are very expensive. Hence I want to switch to 2G GPRS service. I need around 4 GB usage in a month with decent download speed and can spend around 300-400 in a month. What operator can I choose for GPRS service provider? I am based in North Kolkata near Dumdum Sinthi Area. Any advice/inputs from pals will be great for me. Thanks in advance.

Friends, still waiting for your kind advices. I Badly needs your suggestions/inputs.

If you're interested specifically in edge, docomo has some nice plans, and bsnl I believe has an unlimited plan, or atleast had sometime back.

If you're interested specifically in edge, docomo has some nice plans, and bsnl I believe has an unlimited plan, or atleast had sometime back.

Which one will be better in respect to the speed?

Vodafone provides 2GB for Rs 993GB for Rs 1995GB for Rs 299Unlimited for Rs 599Speeds are around 200-230kbps.

VF 2Gb for 99?Kab se?Its 1 gb for 99 and 2gb for 148.

VF has the best edge network in kolkata.

So you mean to say that in 2G/Edge network Vodafone is better for surfing speed and downloading speed than Aircel, Airtel,Cellone, Reliance, Tata Docomo & Uninor?

Honestly, edge speed will leave you frustated. And almost all operators offer the same edge speed.

VF 2Gb for 99?Kab se?Its 1 gb for 99 and 2gb for 148.

The plans I mentioned are in Andhra Pradesh circle. Might be different in Kolkata.

Docomo Edge is pretty frustrating.Doesnt connect at many places same with Idea.Havent used Uninor so dont know.But VF connection is almost instantaneous and also the speed is 200kbps almost always compared tp 90-100 of idea and 130=140 of docomo.

Docomo Edge is pretty frustrating.Doesnt connect at many places same with Idea.Havent used Uninor so dont know.But VF connection is almost instantaneous and also the speed is 200kbps almost always compared tp 90-100 of idea and 130=140 of docomo.

What's about Reliance , Airtel, Aircel & BSNL gprs speed ? Did you use them ever?

I have experimented with Docomo, Vodafone, Airtel and Cellone GPRS services.

Vodafone is the worst in speed, docomo is very uncertain, both Airtel and Cellone are decent, the best is Cellone though in my area.