Advice needed GPRS services

sandip250382

I have purchased Huawei Smartphone marketed by Idea, model number ID- 280. It supports high speed internet. Earlier I was using Airtel 3g Dongles, they have excellent speed of around 600 KB/sec but the plans are very expensive. Hence I want to switch to 2G GPRS service. I need around 4 GB usage in a month with decent download speed and can spend around 300-400 in a month. What operator can I choose for GPRS service provider? I am based in North Kolkata near Dumdum Sinthi Area. Any advice/inputs from pals will be great for me. Thanks in advance.

x720

Incoherent Poster
If you're interested specifically in edge, docomo has some nice plans, and bsnl I believe has an unlimited plan, or atleast had sometime back.

sandip250382

If you're interested specifically in edge, docomo has some nice plans, and bsnl I believe has an unlimited plan, or atleast had sometime back.

Which one will be better in respect to the speed?

chaibiskutbhai

Vodafone provides 2GB for Rs 993GB for Rs 1995GB for Rs 299Unlimited for Rs 599Speeds are around 200-230kbps.

sandip250382

VF 2Gb for 99?Kab se?Its 1 gb for 99 and 2gb for 148.

VF has the best edge network in kolkata.

So you mean to say that in 2G/Edge network Vodafone is better for surfing speed and downloading speed than Aircel, Airtel,Cellone, Reliance, Tata Docomo & Uninor?

chaibiskutbhai

VF 2Gb for 99?Kab se?Its 1 gb for 99 and 2gb for 148.

The plans I mentioned are in Andhra Pradesh circle. Might be different in Kolkata.