ADSL Router testing !

• Thread starter Thread starter mbangur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,962

mbangur

ISP
MTNL Triband
HI Friends Any one have tried using the Router at some other place , I mean connecting the router on other phone no. other that what is configured in the Router itself.In other words, Will my Router work if I carry it to my cousin's Place....If anyone has tried this do let me know.Thanx in AdvanceMac...

Have not exactly tried!!!!But as far as my knowledge!!!!If u r cousin has activated the ADsl on his phone line!!!!means he too got a triband account activated than only i think it 's possible to connect to net through u r router if u visit his house with u r router!!.......Sheeeesh This Sucks!!

i have no idea...the phone line should probably work coz i dont think they can Stop the high frequency signals ....
u will need the adsl\phone Splitter ...the 3 socket plug...

do let us know! 🙂

Yes, it will work.there is no mac id bindin thing with mtnl. authentication requires only username and password at the moment.

no u cannot connect unless tht person has activated his adsl.it has to be activated.

Yes, it will work.there is no mac id bindin thing with mtnl. authentication requires only username and password at the moment.what a DUALITY!!!

Bottom line is the phone line where u intend to use ur router should have Adsl service activated for the router to work.Adsl is a separate service which is activated from the exchange.