adsl router available at prize of Rs1600!

• Thread starter Thread starter theGOD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,931

theGOD

ISP
MTNL 256 NU
hey guyz..i hv gotta tell u that adsl router is available between the prize range of Rs 1600-2000...one of my friends recently bought it..for 1600...and i hv been paying the rent,Rs 80 for 6 months that makes around Rs500 and also i deposited some initial deposit..of Rs300.so i think its better to purchase our own router..wt do u ppl say???

but if somethin happen to the router u hav go for the warrenty n it might take altest 1 daybut if u take ur router frm mtnl then take to the exchange n get it changed in half hror if ur lazy then call 1504 (mum) n it will get changed sittin at home within 2-3 daysnow wat is better

Rs. 80/month and lifetime warranty (free replacement) and Rs.1600 (One year warranty), which is better??Rs. 80 * 24 months = 1600 🙂

isn't it that the rent will be waived off after we have paid the equivalent of the modem valuei.e. 24months* rs 80= RS 1600 which is the cost of router. so after 24 months mtnl will stop billing us for modem rent?am just askin!

Chiao Chiao ChiaoCome ON Guys Are u Nuts 😛 ??After 1 year Router can be repaired at nominal charge of R.s 100-250 IF Got Worn Out for some reason!!!

🙁 mann they can merge the rent in plan charge atleast. like the airtel guys have done, and can give th epackage for 600/- per month 😛 (trib 590 NU wala)!ohhh i wish this could happen!

airtel has merged some package ??? Last i heard they were giving unltd internet at 128 kbps for 700+modem rent per month . Hv the tariff rates been revised ???

There is no modem rent for Airtel's unlimited plans. The 699 and 999 bucks are plan charges. So there's no point buying ur own modem if ur getting airtel.

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Mar 23 2006, 11:51 PM
There is no modem rent for Airtel's unlimited plans. The 699 and 999 bucks are plan charges. So there's no point buying ur own modem if ur getting airtel.
[snapback]45598[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hmm.. are you sure ?

the plans are actually 600 & 900 bucks with the 99 making up the modem rent.

I have faced this question myself too and am undecided...

..way i figure is it might be worth it if i can get a modem+wireless+4 port hub (allin one)...

This kind of product is defnitely available but not yet hit the market here....

Thing you have to bear in mind when you get your own is, if you want to change ISPs will the modem continue to work with the new ISP. I only have choice here of AIrtel , so if for any reason they start misbehavin..then i'm stuck with a useless modem.

..maybe not, if it has wireless + hub built in too.

My recommendation if buying one's own is to get more than just modem.

Also once you have paid the cost of the modem in rentals, it does not get waived..you still continue to pay it (at least that's the case with Airtel dunno bout other ISPs, i doubt it would be different).