• Thread starter Thread starter gauravmhatre
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,324

gauravmhatre

Regular
ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
Dear frnds,I am frm mumbai,having triband.Every half an hour or one hour,my adsl light goes for 20 to 30 seconds and comes back on its own.WHat is this issue now.I tried replacing my modem also,but with that modem also the adsl light goes after half an hr to one hour.what do i complain to them,and what do i tell when the line man comes.I have connected splitters in all room,where i have kept telephones,and the telephones are connected after the splitters.kindly help

i waiting for a reply!!!please,its a genuine problem

Dear frnds,

I am frm mumbai,having triband.Every half an hour or one hour,my adsl light goes for 20 to 30 seconds and comes back on its own.
WHat is this issue now.I tried replacing my modem also,but with that modem also the adsl light goes after half an hr to one hour.
what do i complain to them,and what do i tell when the line man comes.I have connected splitters in all room,where i have kept telephones,and the telephones are connected after the splitters.

kindly help

Check all you line connections usually the monsoons bring out a lot of line problems due to dirt accumulation/oxidization of contacts, if that does not work then write to the GM/DGM (broadband) telling them exactly what you have mentioned in the first two lines above.

I faced same problem a year ago . . problem was wire . . . there was a slight cut in the wire

Downstream Upstream SNR Margin : 7.0 13.4 db Line Attenuation : 19.0 13.3 db Data Rate : 2048 260 kbps

hi socrates,i changed my adsl mode to g.dmt,and now i am getting the following:-Downstream Upstream SNR Margin : 41.0 19.0 db Line Attenuation : 21.0 12.0 db Data Rate : 2048 256 kbps

no socrates,as soon as i changed to g.dmt,my adsl light was blinking all the time,and was not stable,so i changed back to adsl 2 +,now i am not facing dc,but snr margin is jst 7.,but adsl light is consant.,what do i do now,

what mode do i keep my adsl setting on: ie the best mode for no disconnections adsl 2 +adslg.dmtg.litet1.413and what should be the adsl typeANNEX AANNEX IANNEX MANNEX A/I/MANNEX LKINDLY REPLY

but mine is a sterlite wireless modem provided by mtnl,which does not have a option of multi mode,what do i keep the settings then.also when right now i have changed to g.dmt,and i am gettings snr margin as 40db,but when i change to adsl 2+,it drops down to 7.Is there a problem with my line

but mine is a sterlite wireless modem provided by mtnl,which does not have a option of multi mode,what do i keep the settings then.

also when right now i have changed to g.dmt,and i am gettings snr margin as 40db,but when i change to adsl 2+,it drops down to 7.Is there a problem with my line

Hmmm. It could be a line problem (post#3 above), I suggest keep it at G.dmt & write to the GM/DGm broadband with you observations mentioned here. They would probably do a line check from the exchange & zero in on the problem.