Adsl Lite Getz Off.

• Thread starter Thread starter sify_hacker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,045

sify_hacker

Regular
I am having the typical problem but usually in the evening .... It starded when i changed my adaptor coz my orignal one wasnt working ... What I have found is that it is caused due to ups and down in House Voltage ... but still have no idea how to fix it .. any one with cure do reply ..even though i hv UPS wen main House lite Went off ..system is runin..but ADSL lite went Off...plz Help..itz a Strange problem since 7 dayzz :angry: I use ADSL 502T modemshall i buy CAR battery for Modem to apply external current..lol.. 😛 waitin..for reply... 😉

Please spell your words correctly... not a big deal but "lite" is not the same thing as "light".

QUOTE(sify_hacker @ Aug 26 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]60132[/snapback]
I am having the typical problem but usually in the evening .... It starded when i changed my adaptor coz my orignal one wasnt working ... What I have found is that it is caused due to ups and down in House Voltage ... but still have no idea how to fix it .. any one with cure do reply ..

even though i hv UPS wen main House lite Went off ..system is runin..but ADSL lite went Off...plz Help..

[/b]

Same case here, with MT882 modem. But after a minute or two, it starts again. as if rebooting. Possibly some voltage spike when the UPS takes over.

QUOTE(sify_hacker @ Aug 27 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]60204[/snapback]
yes dude wht 2 do ???

shall i buy car battery for Modem...:lol:
[/b]

Sorry, sify_hacker, technically, that's as far as I can go. I consulted a local technician
He checked the UPS(not a reputed brand) - the voltage does shoot upto 255 volts briefly
when there is a power cut (very often in this place)and UPS takes over.He doesn't have
a spare to try out. However, as you said, the System unit is OK.
Any other hints from anybody?

QUOTE(sify_hacker @ Aug 27 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]60240[/snapback]
i use APC 800 Volts UPS dude..
[/b]
What are you talking about man, 800VA or 800V ?
And yes you don't need a car battery, get yourself a well regulated power supply since some models of D-Link ADSL modem have real bad and cheapo power supply circuitry inside to cut cost.

same problem here with power and mt882, but now i have connect's adsl modem with SMPS adapter and it goes on, without disconnecting for weeks.So i suggest you to buy a adsl modem with SMPS adapter.

I also suffer from the same. That's probably because the switching time for UPS is larger than what the modem needs. This guy has mentioned the remedy - SMPS adapter; though the problem is not that severe.