ADSL linksys AM300

ISP
Sri Lanka Telecom
hi guys im from Sri Lanka

I recently bought a Linksys AM300 ADSL modem. From day one it gives me troubles. I thought it may be due to some trouble in the ADSL line, but SLT testing router works just fine. My problem is that my modem gets disconnected from 6:00pm until 10:00pm in the night (Sri Lankan time). So I replace the router (to a same model). And now it gives me even more troubles. Plz some one help me…my configurations are mention below

VPI 8 / VCI 35
PPPoE LLC
Modulation: is set to auto (G.DMT, ADSL+, G.Lite and ADSL+2)

The modem connects trough a rj-45 cable, and all the other stuff are default.

Some one plz help

when you said the modem gets disconnected...do you mean to specify that the link/sync light goes off. or the PPP goes down in WAN configuration.??🙂

thanks for the reply Mac,during the hours i mention the ppp goes down. When i check the status, every thin is ZERO (means no Ip has being taken).

ISP server fault nothing you can do from your side...PPP going down is when the ISP server is either offline or busy with some upgrade.🙂

hay MacI check the ADSL line, My ISP gave me a testing router, and it works fine during the hours i mention. and it happens everyday same time. Im not sure bout the problem, but can this be due to the "day-light-saving" function. I dont no hw to desable the day light saving in AM300

Well PPP going down is always cuz of the ISP Authentication server being offline, it has nothing to do with the ADSL link.Also no idea about the specific router...try googling...or contact manufacturer..🙂

Thankx Mac,wen i contact my ISP he told me to change the authentication to G.DMT.but it didnt work tho, so i try out the every possible combination, still didnt work either.....any way thankx for your support man,KIT