ADSL Link Query

W

ways2gain

I am already using AVG for all my comps for close to 2 years or may be more. I am averagely satisfied with it ( not fully though ). It seems I will need to continue with it in view of the negative opinion about Norton.

Hulo

Regular
Regulars
IN addition I also use Microsoft Antispyware. Its quite good. It is better to keep the auto-update enabled for keeping it up-to-date with the new spywares. Also I use Zonealarm which comes handy to monitor which program is trying to access internet. I had one such stubborn spyware in the PC which tried to send data oner the net. It was becos of zonealarm that I came to know of its existence (AVG and MS Antispyware was not installed then). I blocked its internet access. Later AVG cleaned it, altho norton could not do so previously.

W

ways2gain

I saw the same function of zonealarm in Mcafee, would you suggest I use a Firewall of McAfee. Zone Alarm is a tough s/w to handle for a layman like me. I had to uninstall it last year as I could not handle it.

A

agnivo007

My prescription for the connected ones :[ For people always looking for FREE Stuff ]--Rating=****Firewall-------Sygate Personal FirewallAntivirus------AVG Free EditionAntispyware--Spybot S&D[ For older PCs ]--Rating=***Firewall--------Kerio Personal FirewallAntivirus------F-Prot [paid]Antispyware--Spybot S&D[ For faster/newer PCs ]--Strongest+Robust Security--Rating= *****Firewall+Antivirus+Antispam--Bitdefender Pro Plus 8 [paid]Antispyware--Spybot S&DI don't recommend MS Antispyware as its still in BETA Stage !I'll try the final release.If you need full versions of the paid ones, contact me by email.I dont want to discuss that stuff here ! :lol:

Tushar

Regular
Regulars
[ For people always looking for FREE Stuff ]--Rating=****
Firewall-------Sygate Personal Firewall
Antivirus------AVG Free Edition
Antispyware--Spybot S&D[/b]
To this add....
Antispyware..
1. Lavasoft Adware Free
2. Spybot S&D
3. HJT (HiJackThis)

and your system will be secure ;-)

A

agnivo007

Tushar,How many antispyware programs does one need ?According to my experience, Spybot S&D is the best of all.It removes spywares,adwares,hijackers,dialers,certain trojans and worms too! :lol:

anand

Regulars
Regulars
I use Ad-aware and Spybot. Like I said somewhere else they each detect something the other can't. However it should be noted that since I dumped internet explorer for Opera I have had exactly 0 spyware installed on my computer for a long time now. Okay maybe I browse safer than most people and you might be able to get spyware using Opera but heck anything's better than internet explorer.

A

agnivo007

anand,Yea, any browser other than IE is a safe bet. Activex installers and automatic downloaders, toolbars which are major contributors of spyware/adware, are predominant and active on IE. I use FireFox and dad uses IE. So, I have immunized IE using Spybot S&D and have no spyware since then... :lol:Already used borgchat (not for newbie users!) ... :lol:

Sushubh

Administrator
zonealarm security suite removes the need for much fo the stuff. i do not generally require an antispyware suite considerin there are a limited number of sites i visit and not much experimentation is done on this system.

A

agnivo007

Zonealarm is like a crap to many who find difficulty to configure it.It's nothing but a BLOATWARE !