ADSL Link Query

A

agnivo007

Hi all,Is anyone in Kolkata frequently losing ADSL Link or facing connectivity problems mainly at the evening time ?:huh:

Hulo

Regular
Regulars
Not me. My link is very steady and once I get it I almost never lose it. Well it happened only once since I had the connection.

A

agnivo007

It occured yesterday. Else, my connection is rock solid.

W

ways2gain

Mine is steady as such. My connection is very very slow during the stock market trading hours though. In fact my office comp has 6 or 7 worms too - puta, speedy, marcos, Alexir, scrsvr etc etc. Cant seem to drive it away properly. Nagging issue - may be they eat the badwidth and I blame BSNL for the slow speed during day.

Hulo

Regular
Regulars
yes, and may be they r transmitting data. Its advisable to install AVG antivirus, microsoft antispyware, zone alarm etc. Run AVG at safe mode after installing the latest updates. Then antispyware. Zone alarm also helps in detecting which programs are trying to communicate thru the internet.

A

agnivo007

According to me, why not try an all-rounder solution ?I use Bitdefender Pro Plus 8 (AV/Firewall/Antispam), very very effective and provides hourly definitions updates !Virus/worm/trojan activity is relatively less on DataOne but very much in BSNL dial-up (NetOne). Worms are the worst sippers of bandwidth, remove them now !

W

ways2gain

I am one of the oldest users of AVG so thats fine. Bu I dont have any Antispyware. Can you suggest one which is a free one. Zone alarm used to give me trouble when I installed it year before last so I removed it. If you suggest Ill reinstall it. Will ZA stop me from sharing internet once it is installed. I am not good at settings.