ADSL Link is very unstable, please help me

raddy

Regular
Regulars
Hello Everybody

I hope some of you may recognize in this forum as a Happy BSNL Broadband user from Bangalore.

But not any more.

Since around 1 month, the connectivity is badly unstable.
The lack stability in the connectivity is very irregular.
We are living in an apartment and line man from BSNL checked the phone line twice.
He even replaced the wires joining the concealed wires for our apartment.
He closed the complaint himself by suggesting to check the concealed wires with an electrician.
I don't expect any issues in the concealed wiring, even if, the lack of stability should be consistent.

I have a Teracomm Type 2 router.

Here is the overview.

----------

System Information
Model NameT2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI
Firmware Version10.4.3.12.12
DSL Firmware VersionE.25.41.64 A
Wireless Version1.20
System Up time01:19:57s
Internet Connection
DSL StatusConnected
Last Failed0x00000065
Downstream Data Rate3997 kbps
Upstream Data Rate494 kbps
Max Att Downstream Rate4264 kbps
Max Att Upstream Rate1140 kbps
SNR (Downstream)6.70 dB
SNR (Upstream)23.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream)53.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream)28.5 dB
Connected StandardADSL2+

essbebe

Regulars
ATTN is high. Just un check ADSL2+ button. Save reboot and recheckSNR Attn values.

beekeys

Regular
Regulars
@essbebe - you always there when we need bsnl help, hats off for ur contributions.............god bless people like u

essbebe

Regulars
Please also confirm problem solved or not. Whether connection stability improved.SNR expected to improve at least by 2 dB or 3 dB.

C

chetan31

which attenuation level should be check for line quality , is it local attenuation or remote line attenuation.

my data shows, pls suggest if it is best?
Remote Line Attn 24.5 dB
Local Line Attn 40.5 dB

essbebe

Regulars
Check Remote SNR/ ( download ) Local SNR (upload ) ( above 10 dB)Attn usually remains same. Acceptable. values now. ( Below 30 dB preferred)

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Just for testing, try installing the modem at the phone outlet that is closest to the pair box, and check.

raddy

Regular
Regulars
thanks essbebe and x760 for your quick reports, I didn't get email notifications of your replies.just now checked.I will now try disable Adsl2+ and let you know the results.

raddy

Regular
Regulars
I have now disabled adsl2+.attn at this time was 56 and now it is 54 now.and in snr the biggest improvement observed.I am getting 9.24 as snr downstream values. I didnt get 9+ snr values for downstream at any point of time recently.since yesterday night, the connection became as stable somehow.but I expect the problems in peek hours, so I'll observe the results at the time and let you all know.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
These values are still very bad, if you install the modem closest to the pair box, you can be certain of the concealed wire to a certain extent.