Adsl Link Goes Off Every Few Mins

• Thread starter Thread starter 22ji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7,901

22ji

ISP
Bsnl
Pls help, I am having this problem from past couple of weeks now, ADSL link goes off every 30 mins or so, BSNL tried everything they could i.e checked line, modem, they said everything is fine.
Here's the screenshot of DSL status of my modem > http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/240/dslstatus2dk2.png
Thanks

hey dude which Modem do u use..Better take ur modem to friend house n test it...

yea man i tried it, used three different modems that work at friends place but not at mine. i even talked to the SDO of my region, he assured me to take some action, but it still sux.

hhhmmm ur line seems to be fine.. and if u have tried three different modems, then it shudnt be coz of the modem too.. here is wat i would do if i were u in that order.. try using usb if u are using lan or other wise... then format and reinstall the os.. and if it still doesnt help, im outta my depth, i dont know wat else u cud do :-s

@22ji , if your network configuration is correct ,if Network Interface Card / USB is working fine ;and if the Line condition is perfect without Leak /Earthing problem then the problem is not at yourside . It is at the Exchange .

QUOTE(22ji @ Sep 7 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]61433[/snapback]
Pls help, I am having this problem from past couple of weeks now, ADSL link goes off every 30 mins or so, BSNL tried everything they could i.e checked line, modem, they said everything is fine.
Here's the screenshot of DSL status of my modem > http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/240/dslstatus2dk2.png
Thanks
[/b]

Is there any RF transmitting device nearby, specifically in MW range of frequencies ?
If line is clean and no radio interferences either and your OS platform is clean too then the DSLAM port your line is connected to is culprit.

BTW is it that ADSL link goes down or your PPOE connection get terminated after 30 MINS even though ADSL link still there, please clarify.

my modem link goes off every 2 or 10 mins throughout the dayand i ve changed my old modem which gave me the problem to a new one.The new one worked fine for one day and the link started going off every few minutes the next day onwards and i had to reconnect it oftencan someone tell me why this problem occurs as it severly disturbs smooth browsing?Must i change the phone line connection or is there sone other reason for this

my modem is type WA3002G4 the connection sometimes stays stable for hours before the link becomes unstable again Is it because of the random ip adresses everytime i reconnect? How do i get the information about my modem as you had prescribed above?

your ip usually should change once in 24 hours if you leave your modem on 24/7 .. so a disconnection once in 24 hrs is common

HI
I dont normally turn my modem on for 24 hrs
But my ip address changes on each reconnection following an automatic disconnection due to link failure or if i manually disconnect and reconnect myself
suppose my ip address before disconnection was 117**65.45 after the reconnection it changes to 117**34.43 and a new ip address for each reconnection
is tht normal

----------

I had a stable link and connection from 4am to 10 am but then after 10 am the link becomes unstable and i keep loosing connection every 5 minutes or 10
not to mention tht my ip address changes each time i reconnect
ANY help?

how can i rectify the link failure problem?
Any suggestions?

----------

what might be the source of this?