Adsl Line rate problem

• Thread starter Thread starter crymetyme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,861
Hello friends from last few days i am facing severe drop in my adsl broadband speed,i cannot find the reason and dont know what to ask the concerned bsnl staff to look and fix for.
Posting the previous and current line stats and nothing has changed but dont know what has made speed to drop.
Please let me know what is the problem or what can be the reason-- dead tinypic image removed ---- dead tinypic image removed --

It's due to the drop in Down Stream rate from 12619 kbps to 4178 kbps. Tell your exchange people to increase your downstream rate to atleast 10240kbps if you are on 10mbps plan.

It's due to the drop in Down Stream rate from 12619 kbps to 4178 kbps. Tell your exchange people to increase your downstream rate to atleast 10240kbps if you are on 10mbps plan.
Its already set to 12800 but its connecting the range of 3/4mbps whereas earlier it used to connect in 11/12mbps range

So, they have decrease your line rate. As far as CRC errors are concerned, it doesn't affect my speed.

So, they have decrease your line rate. As far as CRC errors are concerned, it doesn't affect my speed.
They haven't decreased it,i am able to connect to 3 mbps to 5 mbps,with each reconnection line rate differs.Had they reduced it it would have been constant with each reconnection,something is wrong in the line or port

SNR is too low for 10 Mbps...
Check if there is noise in the phone line,If there is disturbances or noise in phone line ask your local lineman to check it.
Regarding the line rate changing, the DSLAM in the exchange can automatically change linerate if the connection is not stable or the DSL modem does SRA(Seamless Rate Adaption) if enabled.
How far you live from the exchange ? Your attenuation seems quite high.
I'm posting my line stats

image hosting site free

There is no noise in the phone line,i dont know what actually the line noise is but yeh its as it was before and no backround sound or hissing just able to hear a sound of a clock moving tik -tik but very slight which has been there from the beginning.
From last 1 year i was constantly getting 10mbps speed with the same line stats,i live about 3kms away from the exchange by road and from the main small cable of bsnl that is on road outside my home i am using two pair copper cable for a distance of 100mts upto my home.

There is no noise in the phone line,i dont know what actually the line noise is but yeh its as it was before and no backround sound or hissing just able to hear a sound of a clock moving tik -tik but very slight which has been there from the beginning.
From last 1 year i was constantly getting 10mbps speed with the same line stats,i live about 3kms away from the exchange by road and from the main small cable of bsnl that is on road outside my home i am using two pair copper cable for a distance of 100mts upto my home.
If there isn't any problem on the line, then ask the guys at bsnl to reset the port on their DSLAM and Set the line rate manually.
If that doesn't solve your problem,ask them to change the port.
I faced a similar issue a year ago,Changing the dslam port solved my issue and my connection is stable now and syncs at 20 Mbps without any disconnections.

Yes i will get the line checked from the lineman first and get them clean the joints and look for any loose connection,if that doesn't solve the issue than i will ask the exchange guys to change my port but they dont change it easily but they will hook the modem there in exchange on DSLAM and check it there itself whether its ok or not

So finally my issue is resolved,i got the lineman to renew the joints from the DP box to my home,almost 3 joints in a 100 mtr wire and all is good and as it was before.
Here are the present stats.
-- dead tinypic image removed --