Adsl Light Steady But Cannot Surf (charkop Exchange)

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,660

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi, I have been having this problem for the last few days . The ADSL light is steady but cannot surf as in every page gives a "page not found" error . looks like its a problem with the exchange . have checked my router settings and they seem to be fine .. is there anybody from the charkop exchange who is facing the similiar problem ? . The ADSL status in the router web page gives the status for pvc0 as not connected . could be a problem with the DNS servers is my guess . Are there some logs or anything which is generated when the router connects ? .

Hi,
I too have been facing the same problem since Saturday last. Everything seems normal except there is no data traffic!

I got the connection from Charkop exchange also.

QUOTE(ceebeezee @ Mar 22 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]84222[/snapback]
Hi,
I too have been facing the same problem since Saturday last. Everything seems normal except there is no data traffic![/b]

righto , the problem started occuring from saturday . definately a problem with the exchange , and during that time there was a problem with the phoneconnection also .. have you lodged a complaint ? .. if yes then what was their response

I have been facing the same problem. I made an enquiry at 1504. They told me there is some problem with mtnl server.Was this problem there with all of you before? ( i often face such problem).(charkop exchange).

QUOTE(bunty2659 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]84225[/snapback]
I have been facing the same problem. I made an enquiry at 1504. They told me there is some problem with mtnl server.
Was this problem there with all of you before? ( i often face such problem).(charkop exchange).[/b]
i had faced this kind of problem long back too , but then it sorted out by itself .. but this time it has continued for a long time ... as mentioned by ceebeezee everything looks normal , but there is no data transfer ....

hey guys anyone having probs with wadala exchange the net is damn slow and some sites dont open like link-removed

Hi!I sent an email to helpdesk and also called up and complained on 1504 on Wednesday. On thursday, helpdesk forwarded email to charkop helpdesk. The problem was definitely on the MTNL Charkop exchange side.The conection started working on Thursday (yesterday). Infact, we received a call yesterday evening to inform that broadband had started working. From the tone of the voice, once could make out this person was calling up whoever complained, to inform the same. Also received a call today from an mtnl guy to check if the net was working fine.Am surprised at this depth of service from MTNL.

The authentication & Internet services for Borivali & Charkop & some other areas happen through Goregaon exchnage. The BRAS device is located there. I also found out that Prabhadevi exchnage was aslo having some kinds of problems. So the cumulative effect was causing all sorts problems last week. Also if you are using ur Modem in bridged mode & have installed the 3rd part RASPPPoE dialer then u can query the status of ur Ethernet services offered: Start - Run -> raspppoe -> Query Available Services (LAN Card). If after pressing Query Available Services gives the error message that no Ethernet Services were offered then it means that your BRAS device at Exchange is down. Else in Charkop & Borivali area you will get the output BRAS-GRGN & in dadar area you will get BRAS-PRBD, signifying the Goregaon & Prabhadevi exchanges respectively.

Hi

Please check the following,

1. See if you have been actually logged into MTNL network, http://192.168.1.1 and Check on WAN Settings it should some IP address like 59.*.*.*

2. Name Servers Logged in ADSL status, It could be some IP like 203.x.x.x or 59.x.x.x

Try Pinging to both Name Servers.

Start->Run->ping 203.x.x.x (your name server)

If PING results doesnt show packet loss

Then Check ADSK Staus Are there any errors Super Frame errors.

Check My POSTS here about Diagnosing the problem

This will tell you about everything going on. Do post results of your ADSL status here so we can comment.

Cheers