ADSL LED is dead,need help

• Thread starter Thread starter punchcard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,233

punchcard

I have MT882 modem provided by BSNL on rent.When i plug in the telephone line theADSL LINK LED never glows.I had checked several times,even by feeding telephone line directly to modem without connecting to telephone.Rest of the LED's are OK.please help.Telephone line has no fault,the phone works fine. 😱 😱 😱 😱 SOB!! SOB!!

must be some problem on the server side...but the best solution is to contact the customer care...may b ur router is no more 😀

take out the telephone wire... plug it back in.restart the router. then wait n see if it glows. if it doesnt... contact bsnl

Where you from ? I am from Gwalior (MP) and Dataone has been down for over two days now. Noone picks up the phone @ customer care and 1600 464 1600 cant be dialed from here too. So no way to confirm whats wrong?Looks like a major fault to me.

I can give a way to dial the 1600 number. If you have a dial up modem installed in your computer, then connect a telephone line to the modem and connect its parallel connection to a telephone. Now click on start menu and click on run. Type dialer and press enter. Now dialer will open. Click on Dial, enter 16004241600 and click on place call. Now lift the phone. after sometime, you will be connected to 1600. when you are connected, click on 'talk' in the dialog box which appears while dialing.

How on earth is this suppose to happen when the guy cant dial the number what diff does it make weather u dial thru a phone or a modem dialing is dialing

i don't know the diff but i have experience thisi couldn't contact 1600 but through modem dialer i was able to connect to 1600 in kolkata.

The above reply is meaningless. If you cannot dial manually a number, you cann't dial it through modem. BTW, I am also from Calcutta. I needed 4 to 5 times to call 1600 No. I always got the no after one or two try.

Originally posted by punchcard@Mar 15 2006, 05:05 PM
I have MT882 modem provided by BSNL on rent.When i plug in the telephone line the
ADSL LINK LED never glows.I had checked several times,even by feeding  telephone line directly to modem without connecting to telephone.Rest of the LED's are OK.please help.Telephone line has no fault,the phone works fine. 😱  😱  😱  😱  SOB!! SOB!!
[snapback]44657[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did you change your residence? Heh kidding. I just changed mine. The phone has been shifted and the DSL link is still down, like yours. I am using dial-up and waiting for Monday. 🙁