ADSL & LAN lights on the modem going off at the same time.

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,857

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
I use D-Link 502T modem & a Linksys WRT54G WiFi router. Has anyone had the experience of the ADSL & LAN lights on their modem going off at the same time automatically. Switching the modem/router off and on seems to solve the problem. But what could be causing this problem. Is it Faulty LAN card (inbuilt), modem, router, line problem or something at MTNL end otherwise there is no problem in my net connectivity or speed.🙁.

No one out there !!!😕:huh:

Sounds weird. Why don't you get your line checked? i don't think your onboard LAN is faulty. Onboard LAN is rarely the culprit.If your modem's link light is going off, then there's something wrong with your line. Did you try some other modem and router?

Are all the lights of your modem going off simultaneously i.e. Power, Status, ADSL & Ethernet? If so, then either there is a voltage fluctuation in your area or a loose connection of the modem's adapter with AC outlet/modem.

Thanks for all your replies. Today another strange thing happened, the STATUS & ADSL lights went off & according to the manual it means a problem with the modem as I was about to contact D-Link (self owned piece) I got a call from Wadala exchange ( I am on Prabhadevi ex)asking if there was a problem with my line???? :O. Will observe for some more time before I come to a conclusion.

u got call without reporting the problem to them?

Yes. I had not complained about the line & I am not on Wadala ex but Prabhadevi ex :huh:. So I am wondering if there was a problem at their end, my net connection & modem seem to be working fine for now but I cant seem to access the modem setting page 192.168.1.1

Update @ 12.25. Could access 192.168.1.1 after I restarted my machine & modem. I notice my DL is still 2038 but UL has become 510 (used to be 512). Also checked my speed on 'speedtest' DL is 1783 & UL is 402 (see below my usual speed)

Yes, something is fishy. Will have to observe for sometime to make an educated guess 🙂. Too many coincidences (of my internet acting up & the call from the exchange) :frown:. Yes my line is fine at first I thought it might be the linesman who is fiddling at some junction box in the bldg or in the colony or on the road, coz they have the habit of interchanging the sockets into which individual wires are inserted into.