• Thread starter Thread starter mourya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 13,869

mourya

ISP
dataone
Hi people i'm Mourya from AP.

Im using BSNL ADSL 2+ UT-300R2U Router/Modem with USB Connection wire in my Windows XP (32 Bit) and Windows Vista Ultimate (32- Bit). Its drivers given in the BSNL CD works fine for both the operating systems.

I upgraded my Os to Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1 of 64 -Bit. Now, for this os the drivers given in the cd are not supporting. It popups an error saying that no drivers found in the cd.

I think they are not compatible with the 64 bit version.

My question is:

Is there any driver for ADSL 2+ UT-300R2U Router/Modem which is compatible with Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1 of 64 -Bit. ??

If yes, Where can i download it.? ( i tried in many websites. but no use.)

If No! , Please tell the reason if you know any.

Request:

If any one have a driver that is compatible with vista 64 bit please upload it to any file hosting site or anywhere and please post the downloading link of that file.

Lots of Thanks! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

me too using using modem UTStarcom 300R2U 🙂 why dont you use RJ45 port to connect PC via ADSL modem? i dont think you will find 64bit OS driver for this model Obsolete but works great with RJ45:thumb::cool2:

yea.. its better to use LAN port.. no drivers required.. PS : Liked the way you framed your question.. highlighting important points etc. keep it up..

@mourya
ut300r2u driver (Utstarcom)
Please try this. Don't forget to post result in
the web site and here , in this forum.

First d/l the driver to say C:/IBF utstar driver.
Then connect usb cable to system
RE start system.
Let Vista detect the new Hardware.
Follow instructions.

me too using using modem UTStarcom 300R2U 🙂 why dont you use RJ45 port to connect PC via ADSL modem? i dont think you will find 64bit OS driver for this model Obsolete but works great with RJ45:thumb::cool2:

oh ok thanks for the sujjestion. but 1 thing. RJ45 Port means what? u mean to say LAN Port? And using the Ethernet Wire to connect modem to the pc?

yea.. its better to use LAN port.. no drivers required..
PS : Liked the way you framed your question.. highlighting important points etc. keep it up..

Thanks. Thanks For Sujjestion.

@mourya
Please try this. Don't forget to post result in
the web site and here , in this forum.

First d/l the driver to say C:/IBF utstar driver.
Then connect usb cable to system
RE start system.
Let Vista detect the new Hardware.
Follow instructions.

Sorry my dear friend its not allowing to download that file. i tried both to create a new user account and i also tried just one file mail download .. both ways failed. no email came to my gmail and yahoo emails.

i request you to upload it in link-removed.com or anywhere else so that free download is possible.

Thanks anyways.

RJ45 Port means what? u mean to say LAN Port? And using the Ethernet Wire to connect modem to the pc?

Yes.Just use it. No need to install driver or say no need to use USB port.

I think you have a standard pc.why are you after the USB driver then?

Yes, even I feel that you should go for the LAN port. It offers better speeds than the USB one..! :cool2:

Yes.Just use it. No need to install driver or say no need to use USB port.

I think you have a standard pc.why are you after the USB driver then?

Thanks For the advice.

Yes, even I feel that you should go for the LAN port. It offers better speeds than the USB one..! :cool2:

Oh i think its better to use LAN as you guys say so. i have that ethernet cable wire to connect modem and pc LAN.

I plugged it in and connected to both modem and PC. Now what? Should i need to configure anything in Mycomputer ? (eg: in Device Manager ) ??

I request you to please specify any guidelines after connecting the ethernet cable to pc.
Thanks.

Thanks For the advice.

Oh i think its better to use LAN as you guys say so. i have that ethernet cable wire to connect modem and pc LAN.

I plugged it in and connected to both modem and PC. Now what? Should i need to configure anything in Mycomputer ? (eg: in Device Manager ) ??

I request you to please specify any guidelines after connecting the ethernet cable to pc.
Thanks.

Are you using PPPoE dialler? then no need to configure anything.Just put userID and password when prompted to connect.
Follow this Link:
Creating a new Broadband Connection Windows Vista

Else follow this link to use always on mode

http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mu04.html

@mourya, You need not do anything. Your OS will automatically detect and install drivers for the LAN connection..!

i am ashish Utstarcom UT-300r2u -my review
Try the USB driver from link-removed. about 2849MB file. (*edited AT 1115pm)

UPdate 0745PM . sent email to webmaster of other site. tried different browsers.
ut300r2u driver (Utstarcom) 773KB zip ( *update 1115PM)

REF:UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki

Para two : Confirm you have PCI ethernet card installed in your computer.
A RJ45 port in the back. ( in addition to the the Dialup 56Kbps modem telephone port )
Then the drivers for this to be loaded.
Check in Device Manager , whether Device enabled.

i am ashish Utstarcom UT-300r2u -my review
Try the USB driver from link-removed. about 2649MB file.

UPdate 0745PM . sent email to webmaster of other site. tried different browsers.

REF:UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki

Para two : Confirm you have PCI ethernet card installed in your computer.
A RJ45 port in the back. ( in addition to the the Dialup 56Kbps modem telephone port )
Then the drivers for this to be loaded.
Check in Device Manager , whether Device enabled.

Thanks ... lemme try all these things in vista....64 bit.. i will reply the result..as soon as possible...:thumb:

Hurray!! Thanks For the LAN Wire given to connect modem and CPU... it worked like a charm nothing required. just connect it to both ends.... create a newtork connection... give user name and password... data one as isp... press connect... :thumbsup:... Thanks for all the support... Final Result: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit doesn't have UT300R2u Drivers. We have to wait untill microsoft or broadcom companies release a version of drivers that supports 64Bit. The only alternative is to connect modem to cpu using a LAN Wire ( usually suplied by BSNL otherwise u can go to any computer hardwares shop and take a half meter wire with ethernet pins on both ends. its just 20 Rs/- i think)... Thanks Again. Please Close this thread so that people dont mess any further. :thumbsup::thumbsup: