Adobe Flash Player Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
i thought they offered a beta edition of 64bit version for a long time :confused: of course having a stable is good. but most of us just use it to watch youtube videos etc and the beta version worked fine for me on my own linux installation. :p

amish

Star gazer
Well I used beta too but immediately switched to 32bit as FEDORA said NOT to use 64bit beta version as it has security issues.

If you read this site, they heavily WARNED everyone to NOT to use 64 bit beta of Adobe Flash.

Flash - FedoraProject
64-bit plugin may be subject to security issues
The 64-bit plugin, as a beta, is updated less frequently than the 32-bit plugin, and Adobe does not commit to issuing security updates for it. It may happen, and in several cases already has happened, that there is a known, serious vulnerability in Flash, and an update is issued to fix the 32-bit plugin, but not the 64-bit plugin. If you are going to install the Adobe plugin at all, it is highly recommended to keep a close eye on security alerts, and seriously consider running the 32-bit plugin wrapped (see above) rather than the 64-bit plugin.