Admin is requested to help us save transfers

BSNL_CMD

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
I sincerely request the Admin to set the loop in such manner that when we post a reply, the next page to open shud be the said Broadbands home page and not the same thread of the posting.This will help us save quite a bit of data transfer.Also the page is quite cumbersome and uses immense amount of transfer - it tells on our usage very heavily. I really sincerely request u to make the page lighter and also reset the loop.

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
funny..i found this pretty useful and i dont think it can be changed that easily ;) . Plus it really doesnt take tooooo much of bandwith bcoz most of page is already cached by your browser only few lines u add are added.. or use opera and enable image blocking ...

BSNL_CMD

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
Well, I do check my usage after sat a 30 minute or an hour long forum ( this forum mainly ) run and and feel that I used up too much of my quota. The other day I crossed 30 Mb in one session. Thats one full days allotment out of 1 Gb per month that I have.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
well there are two problems. their are few skins optimised for indian internet connections ( :p ) and the version of this board is quite old. i will still try to find a less graphic intensive skin for you guys. though i think surfing this forum with images off would help a lot.

ujjwal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 17, 2004
There are such skins for invision power board called "Litebar" and "Litebar-ultra". Dunno if they are free though.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Originally posted by ujjwal@Jul 12 2005, 03:47 PM
There are such skins for invision power board called "Litebar" and "Litebar-ultra". Dunno if they are free though.
[snapback]15891[/snapback]
[/quote]

links please :) i am too lazy to hunt for them :D

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i have added the lite ultra skin to this forum. apparently opera is not displaying it in the drop down! well check it out and try using it. i doubt it makes much of a difference considering the pages have tons of content.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
in firefox, it's just showing "LiteBar-Ultra-Blue (Import)" nothing else...will update u about Opera, later on... :)also, the site is quite much faster now...i think u moved it to a new server...great job!!!