address change

• Thread starter Thread starter u2balu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 13,280

u2balu

ISP
DTH
Hi, anyone changed the address from one place to another place. Here i am using the SUN Direct since Jan 2008 in chennai. Now i got job in Bangalore. so, i have to go there. what is the procedure to transfer this SUN Direct? how much they will charge? If any one of you or your friends did the same please give the full details. if anybody knows the details in other DTH like DISH TV or Tata Sky please inform me. thanksbalu

the actual procedure is u have to inform the sun dth huys abt ur change of address. . . and the people from sun would come n disconnect ur connection from ur current address. possibly you will be allowed to carry ur dish n box along with u if u provide a new address correctly. . if not they may even get the box n dish n u should take a new connection there(this s bcoz ur dish n box belongs to sun direct company n u didnt pay anythin for it).

And also if u r allowed to take the dish n box along with u also the installation should be done by their technician only and tat too by givin Rs.1000 for it. Anyway tis would have lot of confusion since it s inter state n also u need to wait patiently since it has not developed in all areas n there s no proper communication between the officials n the dealers etc.

Now to the best of my knowledge u can better go n take a new connection. New connection would anyway cost u jus Rs.1999/- for 1 yr subscription n installation. . (not sure chk out with some1 n bangalore). . . for the next 1 yr atleast u need to watch the channels n basic charge itself(75*12 = 900) and rest 100rs s wat u r goin to spend as an extra charge. . . other 1000rs for installation. i dont think so u r goin to waste a lot by usin this method.

If u shift the connection u may waste a lots of money n phone itself. . else in travellin to dealers place r to the sun dth office in bangalore(if there s 1 available n bangalore). . .

Hi, I am from bangalore.... But i am going to get transfered to Chennai... so i have the same situation like you... I asked the CC.. they said i need to inform my dealer.. they will come and disconnect the connection also they give a letter stating for transfer.. you can show that into dealer in your new location.. so they will install it for you....But be sure you wont give your smart card back to the dealer.. so you will be into the same package wherever you go..

Hi,

anyone changed the address from one place to another place.

Here i am using the SUN Direct since Jan 2008 in chennai. Now i got job in Bangalore. so, i have to go there. what is the procedure to transfer this SUN Direct? how much they will charge? If any one of you or your friends did the same please give the full details.

if anybody knows the details in other DTH like DISH TV or Tata Sky please inform me.

thanks
balu

Dear Balu,

I did , but that was with in chennai , it cost just Rs.100 /- for me.I am not sure about interstate transfer better u contact Customer Care or your dealer here , they will guide you.