Activation Charge on Airtel Broadband

Hi ,

I have taken a broadband connection in chennai 10 months back . During installation , i have paid 1000Rs installation Charge which i was told will be refunded back .

In my first month bill was 2300 (1200 + 1100) , there is an Activation Charge of 1000Rs + tax . What is that activation Charge , and the customer executives say that it is a nonrefundable Activation Charge . I was not said anything like that while taking a new broadband connection .

While closing the connection , they say that the refund was already subtracted and the activation charge is non-refundable . I did not opt for any other services ..

Can any one confirm whether they have paid extra activation charge in the first month

You paid 1000 bucks two times?

Upvote 0
I paid 1000 bucks only once . The question is "Is it refundable or not"

In the detailed section in my first bill , i see Rs 1000 bucks under Activation Charges Voice . Is it some thing mandatory for new broadband connection .

Upvote 0
Airtel has always had installation charges. And they are non refundable to the best of my understanding. I paid Rs. 1000 myself. Sometimes they have a promotion going on when installation is either made free or is for Rs. 500.

Upvote 0