ACT works when directly connected to computer but not router

• Thread starter Thread starter Ravi Rao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 22,430
ISP
ACT
I am from Chennai and have been using ACT for a while. I have been facing a new problem since the past two days. After the recent rains, ACT have restored back the connection in a few areas. Since then, I have been able to get the connection working when I directly connect the Fibernet cable to my laptop. However when I connect the Fibernet cable to the WAN port of a router (tried with Airport Extreme and Netgear WRN 614) configured for PPPoE or Ethernet, the routers complain that there is nothing is plugged on the WAN port. However, when I use the same router in another ACT installation nearby, I see them both working.

Can someone throw light on this and how to set this right? I called ACT support and as usual their helpdesk comes with the usual quip that they see the line up on their side. They just dont seem to get this. I am frustrated.

okay then, do something for me.
connect you ACT input to your laptop and connect to internet. after that goto setting of Ethernet settings and check status for link speed. either 1gig or 100mbps.

Upvote 0
okay then, do something for me.
connect you ACT input to your laptop and connect to internet. after that goto setting of Ethernet settings and check status for link speed. either 1gig or 100mbps.

I wish I could do that but they have messed up even my laptop connection. That to is not working now. Will ping you as soon as I have it up. Thanks for your support and helpful attitude.

Upvote 0
then, the only problem would be that the external switch connected to ACT box has faulty port which is not auto deducting the input device type. i.e 100/1000mbps device connecting to the switch. let the ACT guy check it. and meanwhile is the CC number working? 044-42840000 working?

Upvote 0
then, the only problem would be that the external switch connected to ACT box has faulty port which is not auto deducting the input device type. i.e 100/1000mbps device connecting to the switch. let the ACT guy check it. and meanwhile is the CC number working? 044-42840000 working?

You could be spot on regarding this. Those guys see just NOT turning up and I am getting only false promises from 8 call centre agents so far. The 044 numbe works sporadically AND you have a higher chance of getting it if you call from an Airtel number.

Upvote 0
guys can you tell is this value is correct for 2 Mbps bcoz i am not getting good speed
Downstream -Upstream
SNR Margin : 20.6 - 19.2 db

Line Attenuation : 18.0 - 11.4 db

Data Rate : 4000 - 494 kbps
Max Rate : 17356 - 1006 kbps
CRC : 309 - 94

Upvote 0
You could be spot on regarding this. Those guys see just NOT turning up and I am getting only false promises from 8 call centre agents so far. The 044 numbe works sporadically AND you have a higher chance of getting it if you call from an Airtel number.
it says "number does not exist" and i am trying from airtel mobile. 😛

Upvote 0

How did it finally work? I am facing the exact same issue with act now.

Upvote 0