Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Hi,

D-Link DIR-825
Asus RT-AC66U
ASUS RT-N56U

I have tested with all three routers above and I only get close to 100 MBPS speeds in the room of the router. Outside that speeds are closer to 30/40 MBPS. Any reason for this?

Thanks,
Crazysah

Laws of physics. It's quite normal.

It's about the router. Not the speed of the internet.
If you want faster speeds on wifi, look at more powerful (and more expensive) routers.

F you want 100 Mbps throughout the home on wifi, you'll need a router that can deliver about 3000 Mbps in the room where the router is located. Prices probably start at 30K or so for such routers.

Get yourself 5Ghz Triband Router. Use Asus Beamforming routers.

F you want 100 Mbps throughout the home on wifi, you'll need a router that can deliver about 3000 Mbps in the room where the router is located. Prices probably start at 30K or so for such routers.
Maybe not 100 MBPS throughout the house but at least solid signal strength throughout the house? Is that possible?

@OP what is your budget? The routers meeting your requirements are generally priced higher.

10k or less is my budget. Signal strength more important than speeds.

^ Yes. That's a good router as well. If that doesn't cut it then I'm afraid you have to look into enterprise grade AP.

@manojrk - how come the AC66U barely works out side the room with the router and the room adjacent to it? The rest of the house it is quite poor. That's my question.

There are many external factors that cause poor wifi signal reception. 5GHz range is extremely limited. Use Wifi analyzer app and check if there is any interference on 2.4GHz.