ACT Speed less after plan Upgrade

Deepak Singh

ISP
ACT Fibernet
I recently upgraded my ACT plan from 50 mbps to 100 mbps when I was on 50 mbps plan I use to get constant 6.2 MBps which is 48 mbps speed on ubisoft downloads
after plan upgrade I am getting around 10 to 10.5 MBps on same servers which is around 80mbps speed. I also brought gigabit lan router in that its showing internet speed as 100mbps. If max speed supported is 100mbps how ACT is providing 150 mbps plans. What I have to do to get more speed

It may be due to bottle neck between you and server.Anyway you are getting 80-84mbps which is good speed.You may be given cat 5 that is the reason for 100mbps max speed.You would be given cat 6 if your speed is more than 100mbps.Anyway you seem to reside in guntur and i am also from guntur.How is act service in your area.I was disgusted with act service and customer support and shifted to bsnl from the past 6 months and downtime is around 30mins.Hope act fibernet service is good in your area.

I also thought that lan wire cold be the problem so I used my cat 6 cable but still connection speed is 100 mbps.
I think the port is of 100 mbps speed will ACT upgrade the if we ask. ya ACT is good except when there are wire cuts.
Good to here that u are also from Guntur

Its not my pc or router problem both are showing 1gbps. I am talking about the connection between act box and my router is 100 mbps. because its 100 mbps i am getting 80 mbps. How can act give 150 mbps on 100 mbps port or can I ask them to change the switch

I Tried with Cat 6 Cable so port may be 100 mbps. I called Customer Care he told that all there switches support full speeds they provide.

Have you plugged your PC directly to ACT Incoming cable and tried getting a link ? What is the link speed ?

How are you getting internet connection to your home, is it through an ethernet cable? You can also test an iperf connection in your local network to see your home bandwidth performance.

@Deepak Singh yes,but to your Act Box/Modem, is it via a coax cable, ftth(fiber) or ethernet(cat cable)? If it is coax or fiber, just contact act support regarding the issue. If they say, everything is fine on their end and you are still having issues, try a Speedtest or try downloading from a p2p/torrent, a legal file like Linux distro ofcourse. And check the speeds. If the speeds are exactly the same as you pay for, then the issue might be with ubisoft peering with your isp.

Last edited:
ACT line to the box is fiber. I think their port is of 100. I Just tried to download from microsoft Server there also I am getting between 9.5 to 10.2 MBps, The problem is they are saying that their switch supports all speeds they provide.