ACT Service down for the past 5 days without resolution due to Junction Box being removed

• Thread starter Thread starter sidbansal92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,330
ISP
ACT Fibernet
Hi all. Ive been ACT Fibernet for the past 1 year without any major issues. Downtimes were maximum for about a day which gets resolved quite quickly. However my connection has been down for the past 5 days. After registering a complaint I got a message that the issue will be resolved by the next day. When the issue wasn't resolved by the promised time frame I contacted them. They said apparently the Junction Box for my area has been removed from another person's house which has led to about 6 people losing connections in my area. They asked if I would give permission to install the JB at my place for which I agreed on Monday (1st October 2018). They said the JB will be installed by 2nd October. However even after contacting them multiple times no one has come to install it. I have mailed their customer service team and nodal officer yesterday but there is has been no response from either of them yet.

My questions -

1. Are there any issues if I install the JB at my place?

2, How long do they take to shift the JBs from one place to another?

3. What can I do to quicken the process?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. Are there any issues if I install the JB at my place?

If you are on a rented house, then you may get permission from the landlord as it can create issues like mentioned at ACT ONT fraud alert.. ACT does not remove ONT on being asked. Don't get ACT in Delhi | ACT Fibernet . Otherwise (if you own the house), then it wouldn't be a big issue. If you ever switch away from ACT, make sure to remove the junction box manually (with the help of someone if needed). Calling ACT to remove junction box wouldn't work.

I can't answer other questions, as I don't use ACT myself. My neighbor uses it, though. But, it is installed only last month so no experience with shifting of junction box.

That said, switching the junction box that connects 6 houses isn't easy. It takes planning, man power, extra fiber, internal approval, etc.

ACT is known for giving false promises. If you have an alternative, go for an alternative connection and keep ACT as your primary or secondary connection, especially, if you run a business.

Thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to update on the situation -

1. Electrician guy came and fixed the box yesterday after pressuring them
2. Another team came after to connect the fiber to the box and but left when they couldn't figure out a viable way to do it. They promised to come today morning and do it
3. No one has come and even after repeated calls there's no sign someone will come and complete the work

7 days without internet. ACT are way too unprofessional in their work.

They seem to be not able to get thier ground team working properly, here in South Delhi too, no net for last 3 days. Somehow their fibre and box keeps getting cut off !!