Act Fibernet Smart Advantage Plan Upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter Smallship
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 7,488
Strangely, I did. My ping in speedtest/gateway went from 26ms to 15ms. This would initially seem high, but they use a Chennai datacenter for Madurai so I think the pings around 15 is reasonable.

Check my other thread for context.

The only thing I noticed that the new Call of Duty (Vanguard) is connecting with 65ms ping almost all games. I thought this was because of the new game. Maybe it's ACT. What a weird thing to have this entire campaign and not even explain what they mean by "Smart Fibre"!

What ping do you usually get?
In my case pings to all servers reduced by 10ms(mainly because the ping to connect to their network reduced, not really an upgrade but it's normal now atleast)

1TB previously.. now 3.3TB

Screenshot-20211115-205837-2.png

Let me check mine.
Edit - nothing has changed for me

Last edited:
To add to this, they do not offer the fixed-line phone and no free Prime/Hotstar subscription unlike the Airtel/Jio offers.

So they are charging extra on the plans that do not make sense when compared.

What a cryptic company. lol. It's like they have nothing to show but just vibes.
Yes, looks like they are trying to stay in the news.

Last edited:
Exactly. It's almost 2022 and they're still offering FUP plans at relatively higher prices. Add on top of that the terrible customer support.

I think they should probably atleast revise all the plans to 3.3TB in all cities.

My pings shot up again. It's 25ms to google and gateway now. Should ideally be under 15ms. I've never seen such terrible broadband service in my experience.