1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Act Fibernet now offering unified bandwidth for both uploads and downloads

Discussion in 'ACT Fibernet' started by manojrk, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Deep Saha

Deep Saha 4G LTE GeeK
    Regulars

thanks a lot mate for info do let me know if there are about more changes in bangalore

2. Mr_mime

Mr_mime Member
    Regulars

I know many people here are unhappy about this move but as a whole this is a positive step. Most people don't upload and now they can download twice as much as before.

I don't know why ACT is still so cheap about data offering when excitel and Hathway basically throw as much data as you want.

3. madhusudhan7

madhusudhan7 leaguemaddy
    Regulars

My FUP for 1399 plan now shows as 225gb in ACT Portal but speed tests still show 75Mbps. I was hoping for a bump in speed instead of FUP this time.

At around the same price point BBNL gives unlimited FUP in my area and a full 100Mbps for 1.9k + tax I think but they are not as reliable as ACT

4. powerwatts

powerwatts Regular
    Regulars

First they changed their network in Hyderabad couple of months ago and it blocked all ports and made the CCTV setup redundant. If I want it like how it was before (static IP) I need to pay 250 per month

And now, they meter upload as well. I hope to find a better alternative after my payment for 2 years ends. Hopefully Excitel...

5. aniladivishnu.2000

aniladivishnu.2000 discusses about internet
    Regulars

hello iam from Hyderabad and useing ACTFibernet what i noticed today is although in there plans they show uploades or limited but they are not counting it it will not affect your fup

6. aniladivishnu.2000

Regulars

@powerwatts never ever go for excitel You broadband is a good alternetive they are verry good after it has taken buy vodafone

powerwatts likes this.
  7. madhusudhan7

madhusudhan7 leaguemaddy
    Regulars

ACT Plans have been upgraded in Bangalore but their website & portal somehow don't show this yet, unless you go to the 'Upgrade Plan' section.

I called their CC & confirmed the following plans:
    1999 - 150Mbps, 350GB
    1399 - 90Mbps, 225GB
    1149 - 90Mbps, 175GB

*Apparently the uploads are still not counted for Bangalore.

8. madhusudhan7

madhusudhan7 leaguemaddy
    Regulars

*For this - all i had to do is Logout & Login again. The speeds were then 90+Mbps :)

9. aniladivishnu.2000

Regulars

they are not counting uploads in Hyderabad to i checked buy uploadinv video of 2GB

10. powerwatts

powerwatts Regular
    Regulars

Thank you. Will shift to any network which has their ports open....just like how ACT/Beam used to have in Hyderabad for the last decade or so until they screwed it up 2 months ago.